Home

Dynamic DNA: What Does it Mean?

This is a discussion on Dynamic DNA: What Does it Mean? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Dynamic DNA: What Does it Mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Can you explain more about this to me. What makes it so much better than the DNA thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Is that really what 2k's feature is? It was my understanding that 2k's DNA is just for create a player and possibly editing.
All we know is the following:

Adaptive AI: Adaptive AI will read, react, and adjust in real time to your strategies. Your teammates will initiate cuts, picks, and post-ups based on how you handle the ball, while your opponent modifies strategy to fit the pace of the game.

I would think it could be better in a sense because you won't need to DL anything to have the AI play differently, they'll just read and react to how you play.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Again just the same as Live, depends on how its implemented, and im not calling one better than the other.

With such limited detail at the moment, it raises alot of questions just as the DNA 365 ordeal.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Okay sounds good but thank good this is EA's system because I never remember Pau Gasol being 16% pick and roll ball handler and 15% pick and roll man and the other garbage lol idk It just looks fishy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19
Good idea,
but would this be really cost effective. That means sony, ea sports would have to hire number crunchers to update stats etc, especially if they plan on updating player ratings and stats on a a daily basis.

This would be a great idea for injuries, and rookies but not an entire roster for every team, etc.

A better method would be to take a players and/or teams life time average's, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc, and work it into the code. The stats would be more random throughout a season or career/legacy etc.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Good idea,
but would this be really cost effective. That means sony, ea sports would have to hire number crunchers to update stats etc, especially if they plan on updating player ratings and stats on a a daily basis.

This would be a great idea for injuries, and rookies but not an entire roster for every team, etc.

A better method would be to take a players and/or teams life time average's, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc, and work it into the code. The stats would be more random throughout a season or career/legacy etc.
In addition this can possibly turn into a paid subscription service in order to cover the costs of daily updates.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:41 AM   #14
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Well one thing to remember is the DNA feature isn't handled by EA -- it's an outside company that gives the data. EA really doesn't need to put any manpower towards getting the data, it seems like they just needed to program the DNA system into the game and then drag-and-drop the real-life data.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #15
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
All we know is the following:

Adaptive AI: Adaptive AI will read, react, and adjust in real time to your strategies. Your teammates will initiate cuts, picks, and post-ups based on how you handle the ball, while your opponent modifies strategy to fit the pace of the game.

I would think it could be better in a sense because you won't need to DL anything to have the AI play differently, they'll just read and react to how you play.
I think 2K's is better in concept because it is more towards what is going on in the virtual game, not the real one. While I can see the advantages to using dynamic DNA for online player or something (to keep the teams as accurate as possible), if it messes with guys ratings in franchise that'd be rather strange.

I'm foreseeing a very big problem as you progress in franchise mode in Live (if anyone is playing Live that is ) in that if Dynamic DNA is still updating in year 10....should it be? Chris Paul will be in his near 30s (virtual time) by then and I don't think what he's doing as a much younger Chris Paul should affect his on the court performance. Maybe I'm not reading it right or maybe we don't know, as I honestly haven't read up on Dynamic DNA that much yet, but if that's what it's going to do the feature is going to be a huge waste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Thats one of those things that needs explaining in if they implemented right.

Same as adaptive AI. Will you be able to go on serious hot streaks anyhow?

Will it be able to adjust to cheese moves or exploits if they're there?

It seems like one way or another guys find em which is why i stay away from the boards at a certain time because they complain alot about them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »