Home

Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

This is a discussion on Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #57
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

I find it funny reading some of the posts in the ncaa section about how they hate ncaa and go into detail about the glitches and bugs, then at the end of their post they say "at least I have Madden to look forward to"

Now if Madden was made by 2k or a different company then I would agree that it would be something to look forward to.

However because it's also an ea game with much the same history as ncaa concerning bugs and glitches then using that history and this years ncaa means Madden will have a very good chance of failing to deliver.

The only question is what is going to be the letdown, the new adaptive ai that lets the cpu run better when you are shutting them down is what I would bet on. It sounds good in theory but again using ea's history this is exactly the feature that will be over the top (but be better next year).
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #58
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

NCAA 09 is BETTER than 08 by about 50 percent! End of story...
Old 07-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 34
What I do not understand, is how anyone can feel confident that the 2 major features that are coming to Madden this year: Dynamic AI, and Online Leagues are going to be implemented any more smoothly then the "wide open gameplay" and online dynasty aspects of NCAA 09?

The game comes out in 3 weeks, and has probably been finished for about a month.

What we are going to be seeing/hearing in previews, is going to be what we are getting.

I hope it works. Will it? I have absolutely no idea, and there is no reason for me to be optimistic until the game arrives.

I'm going to be skeptical until the product gives me reason not to be, due to its track record.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #60
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
NCAA 09 is BETTER than 08 by about 50 percent! End of story...
Really? Better than 08 by 50 percent at what? Besides graphics and some nice new juke animations I can't agree with you on that. 08 was a solid game.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #61
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
It was great that Gamestop offered the $40-trade-in card for Madden'09, with the purchase of NCAA '09(let's you trade the game in and get 40 bucks towards purchase of Madden. Highly recommended if you are on the fence about NCAA'09, or just want some football to play until Madden comes out. Basically your "renting NCAA '09" for a month, for 20 bucks and then getting Madden for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #62
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

I for one am someone who likes NCAA this year, I mean, yeah, it has a slew of problems, but it is a fun game nonetheless, and what else I am going to play? I think once the patch comes it will help out a lot, I am just trying to get the right sliders, but I play a game everyday, and have fun and enjoy, that to me is enough. 08 was a piece of crap compared 09. As of Madden, I traded it in a few days after buying it, since I am an offline gamer and the franchise just stopped working coz of players disappearing. From what I read so far, I am excited, and buying in on the 12th, and I think it will be better than NCAA. I think Madden will impress everyone this year, I just have a good feeling about it.

Plus the adaptive AI works like they say, that is going to be so sick. Can't wait.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
I for one am someone who likes NCAA this year, I mean, yeah, it has a slew of problems, but it is a fun game nonetheless, and what else I am going to play? I think once the patch comes it will help out a lot, I am just trying to get the right sliders, but I play a game everyday, and have fun and enjoy, that to me is enough. 08 was a piece of crap compared 09. As of Madden, I traded it in a few days after buying it, since I am an offline gamer and the franchise just stopped working coz of players disappearing. From what I read so far, I am excited, and buying in on the 12th, and I think it will be better than NCAA. I think Madden will impress everyone this year, I just have a good feeling about it.

Plus the adaptive AI works like they say, that is going to be so sick. Can't wait.
Agreed. I like NCAA 09 despite the problems. Looking forward to the patch. Can't wait for the "REAL" version of Madden that comes with Head Coach 09. Don't sleep on it, it looks and sounds great. I'm mostly excited about makin' plays in Head Coach and schoolin' fools in Madden.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 AM   #64
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
this will be good so far, hope it plays better than the hype

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »