Home

Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

This is a discussion on Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
And you can't compare two seperate skus with two seperate dev teams. Most of the shared resources are things like front end menus and the such.

Another thing that dawned on me today and this goes back to the NCAA Devs Stepping Up write up with all the negative comments, does anyone truely think that if Take2/2ksports actually made half the effort with marketing and getting their dev members on here and other forums on a regular basis you'd see the same kind of attention paid to 2k that has recently been paid to EA? Think about it before going off on childish "OS is EA Bias" rants next time, because that certainly isn't the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #26
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
You have to be a idiot to buy this game. Everyone thought that EA was changing by answering questions on message boards and such but just look at the crap game that is NCAA. I will wait to get madden if i even do. I cant wait to read the message boards when madden does hit.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Madden better be superior to NCAA, because in its current state NCAA is a disaster. On top of that, Madden should benefit from alot of free Beta testing and customer feedback on NCAA. So if things like kick coverage are ruined like in NCAA, its just inexcusable.

I don't know how much I will like the adaptive AI. It sounds a little suspicious. Oh, your not passing well against the Bears. Don't worry, they'll start playing like the NCAA defenses so you can complete 95% of your passes. Wait the AI is getting stuffed in the running game because you have a good gameplan. We'll fix that, there, now your linebackers run backwards at the snap and get suction blocked. That along with Mulligans sound like you could be in for a tour of the EA Cheese factory.
that's a good point. I don't remember if it was last year or 07 when all-madden was ridiculously hard but if it's like 09's heisman I'll probably just roll with that. If the cpu can't beat me thats its problem!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #28
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
NEWSFLASH.......Madden is going to suck.......Why? Because people are going to b lined up to buy it, even with the glitches and garbage that was Madden 08 and NCAA 09. So there you go same ole EA.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
NEWSFLASH.......Madden is going to suck.......Why? Because people are going to b lined up to buy it, even with the glitches and garbage that was Madden 08 and NCAA 09. So there you go same ole EA.
If that's the case then shame on me. I hope you are wrong, but certainly don't blame you for feeling that way.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

You either have to be a masocist or just have money to burn if you buy this on day 1. It might turn out to be a very good game, but only if the developers patch the glaring problems that all of you are going to QC for them for free.

Not only does EA steal your money, but they make you work for free too. You all might as well be building the Bridge on The River Qwai. Just make sure you whistle while you sit there trying to find out if all the sliders work and if the defenders can actually run to stheir speed rating.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #31
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
And you can't compare two seperate skus with two seperate dev teams. Most of the shared resources are things like front end menus and the such.

Another thing that dawned on me today and this goes back to the NCAA Devs Stepping Up write up with all the negative comments, does anyone truely think that if Take2/2ksports actually made half the effort with marketing and getting their dev members on here and other forums on a regular basis you'd see the same kind of attention paid to 2k that has recently been paid to EA? Think about it before going off on childish "OS is EA Bias" rants next time, because that certainly isn't the case.
2K devs have been here for a while now, I am guessing you haven't? Ah, just checked your profile, you've been a member for 5 years now, and y ou didn't know that? You thought EA was a pioneer here or something, or you just wanted to give them more props for doing something other companies have been doing for years?

Anyway, take this article how you want to folks. Personally I see it as another marketing angle to get you to spend your $60 dollars on day 1. Pay now, cry later.

I really hope though that the game is good. No, not good, great. I really would like a next gen football game to finally be worth my purchase. Last year was the last time I spend money on NCAA, and I haven't touched Madden since that terrible 06' title. I will await all the bug and AI complaint threads with much patience to help me with my purchasing decisions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
2K devs have been here for a while now, I am guessing you haven't? Ah, just checked your profile, you've been a member for 5 years now, and y ou didn't know that? You thought EA was a pioneer here or something, or you just wanted to give them more props for doing something other companies have been doing for years?

Anyway, take this article how you want to folks. Personally I see it as another marketing angle to get you to spend your $60 dollars on day 1. Pay now, cry later.

I really hope though that the game is good. No, not good, great. I really would like a next gen football game to finally be worth my purchase. Last year was the last time I spend money on NCAA, and I haven't touched Madden since that terrible 06' title. I will await all the bug and AI complaint threads with much patience to help me with my purchasing decisions.
No I fully realize that, but the level of interaction from 2k has been far less recently especially after the MLB2k8 fiasco where they flat out lied prior to the title shipping and then lo and behold were nowhere to be found after we found out the game runs like ***, has zero atmosphere and still had major bugs like the cpu rarely stealing or pitchers never getting injured ever during simmed games.

Or take NHL2k9 as a perfect example of flat out BS, for a game that is suposidly built from the ground up, it certainly doesn't look to be the case one bit.

In contrast, Ian and his team have been very forthcoming on what to expect with Madden 09, so if people get over excited for features that aren't in the title this year they have only themselves and not EA to blame.

Again, if 2k went even half out on marketing, the're be a whole hell of alot more to talk about when it came to their titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »