Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton11
But wait, it would always be a year regardless. If Madden comes out week 1 of the regular season this year, are you proposing it come out in week 6 for 2010? If not, the development cycle is still going to be 1 year, so why does it matter if it comes out in August or September?

Unless you're proposing the series move to a sequel format like Winning Eleven, your proposal offers zero resolution. If we want a yearly game, this is how it is.
However, a larger staff may help with these issues...
Old 07-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton11
But wait, it would always be a year regardless. If Madden comes out week 1 of the regular season this year, are you proposing it come out in week 6 for 2010? If not, the development cycle is still going to be 1 year, so why does it matter if it comes out in August or September?

Unless you're proposing the series move to a sequel format like Winning Eleven, your proposal offers zero resolution. If we want a yearly game, this is how it is.
How bout this... RELEASE THE GAME WHEN IT IS THOROUGHLY TESTED AND FINISHED.

Ncaa was not ...CLEARLY. Who in the hell says the game has to come out on the same day every year. JUST release the game when it is DONE. Whether it be the first week of august or the last week in January.

So if they took the time one year to fix things like you see in NCAA, this SHOULD shorten the develop time next cycle. But even if it didn't DONT RELEASE THE GAME UNTIL IT IS FINISHED.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #131
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
How bout this... RELEASE THE GAME WHEN IT IS THOROUGHLY TESTED AND FINISHED.

Ncaa was not ...CLEARLY. Who in the hell says the game has to come out on the same day every year. JUST release the game when it is DONE. Whether it be the first week of august or the last week in January.

So if they took the time one year to fix things like you see in NCAA, this SHOULD shorten the develop time next cycle. But even if it didn't DONT RELEASE THE GAME UNTIL IT IS FINISHED.
I believe they have a "deadline" from the NFL as to when the game is supposed to be released. Not 100% sure, but seems as though I have read/seen that a few times before.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 4

No matter how good madden is people will complain. some people will love it. some people will be lookin for stuff wrong with it. and they def. gonna look for something to exploit. What people got to understand is its a game. it will not be perfect. if you dont like what you see or hear about it dont buy it. its that simple. People like myself are still gonna buy it. AND PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT AP2k8 because is not that good. that game is wack. (IMO)
Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #133
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I believe they have a "deadline" from the NFL as to when the game is supposed to be released. Not 100% sure, but seems as though I have read/seen that a few times before.
really? LINK?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #134
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
really? LINK?
I have no link. Just said that I thought I remembered seeing/reading that somewhere.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I have no link. Just said that I thought I remembered seeing/reading that somewhere.
Sorry I don't see why the nfl or any other sports league would set a deadline on a video game's release. Especially when its released even before final cuts are made on the teams. Makes no sense in my opinion. I don't see any mention of that ANYWHERE on the internet either. EA paid for the licensing then the NFL in turn tells EA when it has to release the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #136
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Sorry I don't see why the nfl or any other sports league would set a deadline on a video game's release. Especially when its released even before final cuts are made on the teams. Makes no sense in my opinion. I don't see any mention of that ANYWHERE on the internet either. EA paid for the licensing then the NFL in turn tells EA when it has to release the game?
like I said, I am not 100% sure that its true, just that I remember seeing/reading/hearing it somewhere.

My mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »