Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #121
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4
i dont understand why they dont talk about the glitches from last year like:
1. edit a player and they wont progress - this isssue is huge and took away the fun of editing players and drafting rookies.
2. freezing 1-5 games even with the updates
3. disappearing free agents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #122
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I love that people judge madden 09 even though it hasn't been released.

to arsenio, these games have deadlines. some things are prioritized, and the addition of patches has made it simple for devs to focus on other parts of the game with the hope that they can essentially finish the game later. it will provide us with higher quality games.
Was that the case with NCAA? or MLB2K?? I dont think it was. These games come out too early. Months before either season starts. ANd in other genres companies have no problems delaying games. Your explanation is moot IMO.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #123
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
Was that the case with NCAA? or MLB2K?? I dont think it was. These games come out too early. Months before either season starts. ANd in other genres companies have no problems delaying games. Your explanation is moot IMO.
Would you prefer that NCAA and Madden came out at the same time?

From a business point of view, that's just not going to happen.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #124
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Would you prefer that NCAA and Madden came out at the same time?

From a business point of view, that's just not going to happen.
No. I dont think i hinted at that at all in my post....

I would like them to come out when they are thoroughly tested, finished games. I think if they just waited til the weekends of the opening day of the season this would happen to a certain degree.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 47

I think the game looks sick! I can't wait for this game and NHL 09. It should be a good year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 5

No matter what they do to this game, if they don't fix the horrible fumble rate and interceptions from last year then it's all a moot point. I've bought Madden day 1 every year since it came out and I will not be buying it this year until I hear if those issues have been fixed.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #127
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daudr
No matter what they do to this game, if they don't fix the horrible fumble rate and interceptions from last year then it's all a moot point. I've bought Madden day 1 every year since it came out and I will not be buying it this year until I hear if those issues have been fixed.

They just need to higher more people. If they double their staff, Madden would be superb quality every year. Hell, even if they merely added a few special testers/supervisors (i.e. people paid to evaluate alt. uniforms, playbooks, etc) they'd improve the game greatly.

but... that won't happen till Jesus comes back...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
No. I dont think i hinted at that at all in my post....

I would like them to come out when they are thoroughly tested, finished games. I think if they just waited til the weekends of the opening day of the season this would happen to a certain degree.
But wait, it would always be a year regardless. If Madden comes out week 1 of the regular season this year, are you proposing it come out in week 6 for 2010? If not, the development cycle is still going to be 1 year, so why does it matter if it comes out in August or September?

Unless you're proposing the series move to a sequel format like Winning Eleven, your proposal offers zero resolution. If we want a yearly game, this is how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »