Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
we could get into a semantics debate, but I don't think starting at 0 is a clean slate. You are starting at "this game sucks until proven otherwise" not "lets see how this game is." That was the point i was trying to convey with the 2.

By the same token you don't start at a 10 either. That's saying "this game rocks until proven otherwise."

Personally I think you start a review at a 5 or 6. That's a typical middle of the road score for a game that isn't good, but isn't bad either. You then go up or down from that spot.

OK then lets start with some of the negatives:

-1 : No CPU deep game
-1 : Broken return game
-1 : Roster Glitch
-.5: talk of "The Patch" even before game release
-.1: No chain gang
-.1: No refs on field
-.1: Bumpfuzzle with mascot (negative only due to previous 2 items)
-.1: Gratuitous cheerleader crotch shots (same as above)
-1 : No adjustable camera
-1 : Placebo sliders
-.5: Lack of penalties
-1 : Defensive player glitches
-.5: Rocket Catch
-.5: Drop back 20 yards passers effective online
-1 : Other tried and true online cheezefest exploits
-1 : "Wide Open Gameplay" euphemisim for lousy defense
-1 : Robo CPU QB over the middle/short
-? : a lot of other stuff I'm forgetting, most of it present from years past

So yeah, the above is of course just my opinion, whatever... even if you start with a PERFECT 10, you've got a big mountain to climb.

8.5??? Yeah whatever...

Glad you guys are having "fun".

Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 2
Looks like another year of NCAA 2005 for me.
I've been waiting to get rid of my old Xbox and only use my 360, but I can't because these new sports games aren't as good as the old ones.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 10

It always cracks me up when the community as a whole agrees on certain gameplay issues, but people who like the game insist that these things are not problems.

Last year people defended the abundance of turnovers and said it was our fault and that we didn't know how to make the right reads.lol.

Well that lasted about all of a month, until half the people on the board stopped playing the game cold and never touched it again.

This year its the fact that the computer rarely if ever throws deep,.Everyone sees it, except for a select few people which is strange to say the least.

Then, when they finally do admit that it might be an issue, they simply tell you to wait for a patch, or that there are workarounds.
Deja Vu indeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:43 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
man this game is good as hell this is better than 08 and 07 put together i already got the game just waiting on my xbox360 to come back from repair i am hoping they send me a pro version sense they don't make the core version this game makes you feel like you are right there in the stadium
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ok, I started my dynasty. Played about 15 mins first game. Went back to 08 and played about 15 mins. I'm going to post what I'm noticing as I play. Here you go. The very first thing I noticed, because I love to play defense, is that they took the strafe button out. Holding the left trigger to strafe does not work anymore. Its more of an analog sensitive feature now, I'm not saying that in a good way either.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPeeplz
Ok, I started my dynasty. Played about 15 mins first game. Went back to 08 and played about 15 mins. I'm going to post what I'm noticing as I play. Here you go. The very first thing I noticed, because I love to play defense, is that they took the strafe button out. Holding the left trigger to strafe does not work anymore. Its more of an analog sensitive feature now, I'm not saying that in a good way either.
Weird. Left trigger to strafe has been working for me.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #79
Rookie

Had to check the book for a second, and lo and behold it still has strafe as left trigger in the manual. Its not in the game. Lets see, crowd didnt look bad in 08. Its worse here, I'm assuming they took away from it, to make the cheerleaders. I'd rather have the crowd and the players on the sidelines more detailed, they could have kept the cheerleaders actually. Suggestion, If they can only do one or the other, sideline players should get first priority, then crowd, then cheerleaders. Crowd and cheerleaders could go either way depending on the person I guess.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #80
Rookie

bomberooski, left trigger doesnt strafe man. Dont use the trigger and watch, I gaurantee the players are gonna be doing the same thing that you thought they were doing because you were using the trigger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »