Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Dont mind some of these posters, they justlike to throw out random accussations and hope they stick. I think low to mid 8's is fair and IF we get a patch, it could be in the high 8's low 9's range, but right now its a fun game, with some issues (but arent most games?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Thought I'd clarify...I never "confirmed" that these are bugs. The thread just says we have people looking into them right now. The last thing we wanted was utter silence when people get the game...we wanted to investigate any complaints and see if we need to fix any of them. What that means is we need to do a lot of testing first - we don't want to make quick drastic fixes based on a very small sample set...we could easily go in the wrong direction and throw off the whole fun of the game.
Never in my post did I say you confirmed them as bugs, I said you confirmed them as problems.

I didn't make a mindless accusation, I'm going off of what Ian himself said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
acknowledging that he sees what you are talking about from a film or two is one thing (which he did IMO) CONFIRMING that it's a major bug is another thing (which he did not do IMO)
Where in my post did I say he confirmed it as a bug? I DIDN'T. I said he confirmed them as problems, goodness. Stop putting words in my post that don't exist.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
JUST LOOK AT THE CONS: SAME AS LAST YEAR.= According to this review, EA didn't fix ANY of the gameplay issues that caused us to basically stop playing this game LAST year.
Interceptions, unrealistic CPU QB accuracy and the cpu not attempting passes over 12 yards. They did exactly what EA is infamous for. Avoid the real gameplay bugs and just continue to add more 'fluff"(cheerleaders, mascots, new modes, etc. Oh well...I guess we just keep playing NCAA 2004 on ps2, like we have had to do for the last 4 years running?

I can confirm interceptions and the CPU not atempting passes over 12 yards are not problems with this years game.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think people spend too much time harping on a score. I've NEVER bought a game based on a review score. If you read the review, it points out flaws fairly accurately (from what I've seen so far...I only got the game today). The thing to remember is how the reviewer weighs the pros and cons is what determines the individual score. APF was a shell of a game (for those who like to thro that review into the debate). it played great, animated great, looked mediocre, and had no real replay value to the average gamer. The score of 7 was generous considering those facts. NCAA has been largely well received, even by many on sites like these. It's a fun game and will appeal to a broad group (and while this may offend some, that is most company's goal). Again, people will disagree about the game and what it should be rated...who cares. READ THE REVIEW, NOT THE SCORE....and then mostly ignore it and see for yourself. I have rented the game, and probably won't buy (I have no real college team and am more of a pro fan), but I think it's worth checking out.

All this complaining about a number is funny. If you disagree, you must have a basis for disagreement. To have that, you must have played the game yourself...which means someone elses opinion shouldn't concern you anyway.
Post of the Month
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2
I don't hate EA football games. They're actually pretty good football games. But they are completely STALE and have not evolved one freaking bit for like 5 years.
This new game doesn't offer anything that NCAA 2005 doesn't have, either in gameplay or the presentation. It's actually taken steps back in several ways in both those categories.
All you get in NCAA for the 360 is greater detail in the stadiums and better graphics (which are horrible by next-gen standards. The players' running motions are bad, the way the QB drops back and throws is awful, the way the tackling animations carry no weight or physics to them, the player faces that look like zombies, etc)
I'm not the biggest 2k5 fan in the world, but that game did some things that still blows EA games out of the water. I've seen some tackling animations in that game that were jaw-droppingly real-looking. The way the QB drops back and throws looks super realistic (and considering most people pass like 70% of the time, I'm guessing this is pretty important). The player faces were very lifelike and looked just like their real life counterparts and actually showed some emotion, even for mediocre guys like Marty Booker or Rex Grossman.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #70
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I can confirm interceptions and the CPU not atempting passes over 12 yards are not problems with this years game.
I disagree with this. I can play Man Cover 0 pretty much the whole game because I'm unafraid of getting beat deep.

In dynasty however, I change the team tendencies and play on Varsity. I thought NCAA '08 played the best at Varsity and I think NCAA '09 does as well. No weird pursuit angles, not alot of suction, and an "authentic" challenge from the CPU if you adjust the sliders(Varsity D is quite good). Just had a great game in NCAA '09 playing with WVU against Cincy. Cincy beat me, but it felt very natural. I could kill Cincy on Heisman and it would feel less authentic.

Game is still a 7 doing all this though.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #71
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

OS started this thread to allow comments based on their review so don't let your underwear get all tightened up because some people didn't like it.

The best radio show in the nation doesn't censor their phone calls. Sometimes, some dude will call in and say "Your show sucks you geek!" The host takes it like a man and asks how he can make his show better.

I respect that OS allows our feedback on this and I think it benefits everyone. If you like the review cool, but if all you want to hear is "Atta boy, great review OS" then what's the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I disagree with this. I can play Man Cover 0 pretty much the whole game because I'm unafraid of getting beat deep.

Game is still a 7 doing all this though.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »