Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Wow

OS has just lost a lot of my trust.

An 8.5?

Are you serious?

All Pro a 7?

This is a terrible joke.

This game looked beyond awful (to anyone who actually knows and understands football).

EVERY SINGLE TACKLE is a 1 man tackle, which rarely ever happens in a game.

Pathetic defensive AI.

Their "added" features are already in other games and honestly who cares about Mascot Games.

When will people wake up and realize that all of these EA football games are complete trash? They do not play anything like the real thing and until people realize that they have to scrap this entire gameplay engine, the games will continue to suck.

But oh well, I will play my APF for the next 5 years if I have to.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
scandem - two sides to that coin. I have often seen somebody claim they don't hate EA and then immediately go and claim that those who think a game is OK or good are EA fanboys.

As for reader scores, they do tend to be higher. And I don't think its has too much to do with hocus pocus or other company tricks. But instead the people who play the game and care enough to put in a user score tend to be folks who were fans of the game to begin with.
Im not accusing anyone of being a fanboy, or on the EA payroll, or anything like that.

Im just offering my own opinion as it relates to some gameplay issues that I feel other people would like to know about.

The cpu never throwing deep is not a minor issue to me. Like i said before, to me its like having a basketball game where the cpu never takes threes. Its a huge deal to me, and im sure its the same for some other sim guys who care about on the field gameplay above all else.

Im just perplexed at times about reviews on this site, because i hold you guys to a higher standard.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
\
This game looked beyond awful (to anyone who actually knows and understands football).

EVERY SINGLE TACKLE is a 1 man tackle, which rarely ever happens in a game.

Pathetic defensive AI.

Their "added" features are already in other games and honestly who cares about Mascot Games.

When will people wake up and realize that all of these EA football games are complete trash? They do not play anything like the real thing and until people realize that they have to scrap this entire gameplay engine, the games will continue to suck.

But oh well, I will play my APF for the next 5 years if I have to.
Do you have NCAA 09?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #60
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10
seeing some of these responses confirms that OS is big time now. some of you guys are hilarious
Old 07-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #61
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
JUST LOOK AT THE CONS: SAME AS LAST YEAR.= According to this review, EA didn't fix ANY of the gameplay issues that caused us to basically stop playing this game LAST year.
Interceptions, unrealistic CPU QB accuracy and the cpu not attempting passes over 12 yards. They did exactly what EA is infamous for. Avoid the real gameplay bugs and just continue to add more 'fluff"(cheerleaders, mascots, new modes, etc. Oh well...I guess we just keep playing NCAA 2004 on ps2, like we have had to do for the last 4 years running?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 8
confucius says.. if you dont like game... dont buy game..

heres another... useless fact.. folks who hate EA will not convince other folks to hate them as well...

words of wisdom... use the 7 day return policy to buy the game.. play the game.. return the game if it is truly garbage as some think..

MANLAW... whining about a game is not manly...

hope these help.. lol!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5
1up review just came in with an A-
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #64
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think people spend too much time harping on a score. I've NEVER bought a game based on a review score. If you read the review, it points out flaws fairly accurately (from what I've seen so far...I only got the game today). The thing to remember is how the reviewer weighs the pros and cons is what determines the individual score. APF was a shell of a game (for those who like to thro that review into the debate). it played great, animated great, looked mediocre, and had no real replay value to the average gamer. The score of 7 was generous considering those facts. NCAA has been largely well received, even by many on sites like these. It's a fun game and will appeal to a broad group (and while this may offend some, that is most company's goal). Again, people will disagree about the game and what it should be rated...who cares. READ THE REVIEW, NOT THE SCORE....and then mostly ignore it and see for yourself. I have rented the game, and probably won't buy (I have no real college team and am more of a pro fan), but I think it's worth checking out.

All this complaining about a number is funny. If you disagree, you must have a basis for disagreement. To have that, you must have played the game yourself...which means someone elses opinion shouldn't concern you anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »