Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #41
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

OK, forget APF2K8.

NBA2K8 got a 8. CH2K8 got a 7. The Show '08 got a 9.

It''s pretty safe to say that this game is NOWHERE near the representations of their sport than those games are mentioned. The score is very peculiar given all the issues.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
If you are insinuating that OS is somehow "in bed" with EA you are wrong.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with the review but this site is majority owned by an EA employee. OS will face accusations like those anytime it gives an extra positive review to an EA game.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #43
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
4 - The job of a reviewer is not to read the forums and factor that into his review. It is to look at the game from a blank slate, weigh what you see and grade the game based on that.

I am willing to bet many of you did not do that and no doubt started this game at a 2 and went from there.
Not saying anything about this review, But I would think (hope?) to get a completely unbiased critical review of any product, The reviewer should start at 0 (a true blank slate) and go from there.

Last edited by yamabushi; 07-15-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: why not?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
And gee what a surprise, all the usual suspects are present and accounted for in lamenting a positive review score for NCAA (or any EA game for that matter) and over-blowing some minor bugs in a weak attempt to portray them as "game breakers". LOL. Such hatred for a software company. It's really sad.
We're still missing a few of the "regulars" but I am sure it's only a matter of time.

I don't know why people get so tied up in to a score, instead of just reading the review. I have no problem with an 8.5, the game is fun, and I am easily getting 8.5 points worth of enjoyment out of it.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3
I agree! I still have yet to play a football game that was perfect and the issues that the game did have weren't enough to keep me from buying it, or taking it back after I bought it. Bottom line, the game was still fun to play overall even if there were unrealistic gameplay issues at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #46
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
We're still missing a few of the "regulars" but I am sure it's only a matter of time.

I don't know why people get so tied up in to a score, instead of just reading the review. I have no problem with an 8.5, the game is fun, and I am easily getting 8.5 points worth of enjoyment out of it.
It's all about consistency. When I see this game get (much) higher reviews than games who almost won "The Best Sports Game Ever" Tournament, then it raises some eyebrows.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Not saying anything about this review, But I would think (hope?) to get a completely unbiased critical review of any product, The reviewer should start at 0 (a true blank slate) and go from there.
we could get into a semantics debate, but I don't think starting at 0 is a clean slate. You are starting at "this game sucks until proven otherwise" not "lets see how this game is." That was the point i was trying to convey with the 2.

By the same token you don't start at a 10 either. That's saying "this game rocks until proven otherwise."

Personally I think you start a review at a 5 or 6. That's a typical middle of the road score for a game that isn't good, but isn't bad either. You then go up or down from that spot.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 10

Ahh yes, anyone who disagrees with a review or voices their displeasure with glaring issues in gameplay must hate EA.

If thats what you are implying about my post, it's simply not true.
I have loved many EA games, including NHL 08, and NCAA was my favorite football franchise by far until it landed on the next gen systems.

I think voicing concerns about legitimate issues with the game, and in turn the review given to the game is exactly what this forum is for.

I want everyone to hear all the perspectives on this game because i have a feeling there are many people on the fence who will use this review as their basis for buying or not buying.

I just want people like myself, who value gameplay above all else to know that there are some very real, very serious issues with certain aspects of this game.

Thats why i posted last years NCAA 2008 review thread earlier in this thread so that people could see how much history repeats itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »