Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 Hands-On Previews (IGN, Gamespot)

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 Hands-On Previews (IGN, Gamespot) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 Hands-On Previews (IGN, Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
lol, personal attack. Sensitive much? The game is made by Konami and published here by 2k. It's a Konami game. As i said, do some research with the game before posting nonsense as if any problem is 2k's fault.
LOL, I didn't see a personal attack either. Hypersensitive I guess.

I agree with the complainer about the walks, but not hit variety. I thought hit variety was pretty good in last years Power Pros.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #26
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Just picked up last year's Power Pros for the first time and I love it, but two questions:

1) Bullpen - For all of the depth this game has, is there any way to warm pitchers up in the bullpen? I was only able to do a straight swap, unless I'm missing something.

2) Franchise Mode - There's a season mode, which is one year, and there's Success/MLB Life mode, which is where you play as one guy trying to make the team. But is there a traditional "franchise mode" where you manage a team from year-to-year, make offseason moves, draft, etc.? If not, will that be in '08?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #27
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Just picked up last year's Power Pros for the first time and I love it, but two questions:

1) Bullpen - For all of the depth this game has, is there any way to warm pitchers up in the bullpen? I was only able to do a straight swap, unless I'm missing something.

2) Franchise Mode - There's a season mode, which is one year, and there's Success/MLB Life mode, which is where you play as one guy trying to make the team. But is there a traditional "franchise mode" where you manage a team from year-to-year, make offseason moves, draft, etc.? If not, will that be in '08?
1) No bullpen in the first MLB power pros, but there will be in the 2008 version.

2) Season mode is franchise mode, it lasts only 10 years though, which sucks because thats not very long.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #28
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
1) No bullpen in the first MLB power pros, but there will be in the 2008 version.

2) Season mode is franchise mode, it lasts only 10 years though, which sucks because thats not very long.
Nice, thanks buddy. Thought it was funny they omitted something as simple as warming up pitchers, but glad it's being added.

I hadn't had the chance to tinker with Season mode yet. 10 years is shorter than most, but to be honest, that would be longer than I ever stuck with one!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »