Home

Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
my thoughts exactly. I don't plan on getting NBA 2k9 if you can't import the draft class. I will only get it if the game has been greatly improved and it is a must buy.

Right now I am playing choops and NBA 2k8 and enjoying itl. I am in my 4th season. I import rookies from choops and I can honestly say it keeps both games fresh and entertaining.
Yes, I imagine they'll allow you to import ch2k8 draft classes in. I'm hoping we can delete old draft classes for the first time in a few years, because I'm having trouble which ones are which.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with everyone in dealing with franchise mode, the practices while interesting doesn't really add any depth to the game.

I would rather have a create-a-play mode or hell, have a scouting section for the upcoming game.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons0662
First of All Great Article. Wow ... so many different opinions ... I guess everybody wants what they want ... like Mr. SHINYHUBCAPS whom I TOTALY disagree with ... Who cares about interviews, and or the Press (You do of course ... no offense) But this is a Basketball game lets focus on Basketball. The Bryan Gumbel / College Hoops Weekly Show coming to NBA 2K9 would be a Great Addition ... He could give ALL STAR Votes updates, Recap League Leader (Points, Rebounds, Assist) Name Player of the Week / Month and of course Highlights ... I would love to see the implantation of the ALL STAR Weekend (Rookie Game, Dunk Contest, Three Point, Skills Challenge, ALL STAR game) and the Ability to Edit Coaches. Coaches should have ratings like the players do so the Coaches Rating would affect the Teams Overall Rating ... the Ability to Create a Coach would be Nice (Then I'd put Coach K on the Bulls). A real life Practice would be nice .. the ability to work on plays or even create some. I'm excited to see what the Guys at 2K do ... and uhh check out my 2K9 Wish ...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2k-please.html

Just My Opinion
Buttons

I just said that I don't like the highlight show in College Hoops because, as the coach of Long Island (who?), I don't feel the need to check out the top teams in the NCAA, the ones always in the highlight show, because I will never face any of them. At that stage, it's all about recruiting and trying to get through your first few years, and that's how I would feel about it starting up in NBA 2K9 as well. They can put it in, but at least have a way to turn off reminders for those who would rather use the time practicing plays or something (if available).

I mentioned the press and interviews because, like it said in the article, there needs to be more to affect chemistry than "My client's not getting enough minutes." It would be more like NBA 2K5 as someone mentioned, or also MVP Baseball 2005 where the press would sometimes send e-mails. Right now the 2K Messenger is all about injuries and people on the trading block... maybe have more interactions with the owner? I mention these because you can control them, unlike a highlight show, and that adds to the experience more, I would assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Say what you want shinyhubcaps, but I play only offline, do all the training, am in year 6 of a closed legacy, and I still like the highlights shows. I don't watch them every week, but I do enjoy them.

If that makes me less of a gamer to some elite pricks, so be it.

I never said it makes you less of a gamer. I said that the 2K Forums, a lot of people ask for it, most of them ****** gamers. That doesn't mean that in-depth players won't like it, but wouldn't you rather have something that you can control? I just don't see the need, especially because in College Hoops, it is never relevant to my gameplan to see the highlights of teams I never face.

Additionally, I don't see how everyone complains that it would take too much space to add pre-game introductions but they insist upon a weekly highlight show, which would take up MUCH more space and time.

Nor am I an elitist, and please, I started coming to these forums because people were not quick to jump down your throat with petty name-calling. I thought that the community was, in general, above that sort of thing. Also, don't make comments about me as a person if you disagree with my ideas. Even on the Internet you should exercise respect.

Last edited by Shinyhubcaps; 06-30-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #28
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepenfl
Excellent! I agreed. I'm a lonely player who DON'T enjoy playing online (everyone, every human, play the game with an awful style for me) and i need a really deep franchise mode ti be happy. NBA 2k8 is a wonderful basketball game, but i need a wonderful NBA sim game.
i agree. i think that since this online gaming age has come about that people like us have been forgotten. i play online but i more so fly dolo. i think maybe we need to start a message board on 2k forums to see if we can get in contact with a community leader so that this could change. i dont want to be left out in the dust again.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #29
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

I think 2K should add the option of editing contracts for rookies and for current players. the NBDL idea wouuld be a great idea and have young talent fill out he roster when some of the teams is on the IR. 2k should also modify the ai on the associatin mde fr trading. every year that i start an association i hav to turn off cpu trades bc they make some crazy deal that in ral life would not happen. finally, the last two things 2k should implement in 2k9 is during the association there should be roster updates as they occur in real time & during the draft there should be trades. other than that, i agree with all of your ideas
Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have a couple of issues with the association mode in 2k8. In 2k9 they need to add more aspects to make it feel like you really are the GM of the team and a fan at the same time. For example, to make you really feel like the GM they should let you have exit interviews with players, press conference when a blockbuster trade is pulled off. When a player is unhappy to come into your office and have a discussion about the issue. Now this really annoyed me, Not every player that is rated over 90 should have a no trade clause. I thought that was just Kobe not JO, J.Kidd, Baron Davis, Tmac etc. To make you feel as a fan at the same time you are playing GM if the team isn't performing well the local papers or media should criticize your work as GM. There should be a TNT pre half and post game kind of thing where Kenny, Charles and Erine talk about the game. They should also do a TNT overtime thing at the end of the week to recap the week. They should also let u import the draft class from college hoops 2k9 or whatever 2k9 college game is called so you don't feel crappy when the season is over waiting for 2k10 to come out.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree. Recently, I have just finished my first season with the Nuggets and went through all the off-season stuff and to be honest ... it wasnt very exciting at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

we need to be able to sigh our own free agents when we are over the cap and renogiate contracts during the season

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »