Home

Taking a Good Manager Mode and Making it Great

This is a discussion on Taking a Good Manager Mode and Making it Great within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Taking a Good Manager Mode and Making it Great

While FIFA 08's manager mode was good, it could still have used quite a few additions. Operation Sports' Dave Branda checks in today with an updated version of what he'd like to see added to the FIFA manager mode to make it great. Check out his article, Taking a Good manager Mode and Making it Great.

Quote:
"Loans are another area that needs to be rehashed. In theory it works – you send your players to other clubs, retain their rights but they play for the other club who also pays their salary.Where this is most useful is taking your younger players and farming them out to clubs in the lower leagues so they can play and get experience."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Taking a Good Manager Mode and Making it Great

Free transfers happen a lot.

Mathieu Flamini left Arsenal for AC Milan on a free transfer. And last year, Michael Ballack left Bayern on a free transfer for Chelsea.

Maybe there should be less world class players leaving on free transfers in the game, but it shouldn't be <50 like you said.
But we all live in denial
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ballack and Flamini are definitely the exceptions and not normally the rule. It's frustrating when Ronaldinho or Podolski are out there for free. Bayern must have been pretty sure he'd come back or must have wanted him gone to let him get to that point.

Great Article Dave, i agree completely with your points. I do however wish there was a way that we could check in on the loaned out players as well as check statistics of other leagues i'm not currently playing in. I'm shocked that the game is that narrow.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
You make very good points Dave as do you Avad.

And Acid, the main problem with the free agents and free transfers is not that it happens. Its that it happens very unrealistically. It does not happen as often as it does in real life as it does in the game, but the most important point is that players like Ballack and Flamini are not joining MLS and horrible teams when they would/could be playing in the top leagues.

Granted, some players like Beckham don't mind playing in the US in lesser leagues having already accomplished a lot. I think that plays into Dave's interest system, which I think it a neat idea. Perhaps also have interest based on geographic location.

I really wish they would have create a team.

Also, I don't like how easy it is to build a team up. I think by addressing some transfer/free agent issues that Dave talked about that would help a lot.

Another thing that bugs me is how easy it is to remove fatigue from the game. I don't care if you have the best trainers in the world, playing someone all the time will run them into the ground. If you upgrade your trainers, which is cheap to do, all the way to 8-10 players won't ever get tired. They can play the entire game. Which, is nice considering the pain of changing your roster when you sim. However, if you fix that, I think it would only make sense to make players fatigue easier.

Just my opinion.

I think there is a lot they can do to make the manager mode better.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #5
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Wasnt this exact same thing posted on DSM several months ago?

Anyway, the solution is: Download football manager 08 and just use FIFA for xbox live gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

ECC night games????

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Actually having the cpu change its starting 11 over the years would be nice too.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
i'd be cool if other teams would court you to be the manager, like success @ lower levels = inquiries from top flight teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »