Home

Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Great read! I agree the Association has fell off! And I'm been complaining and wishing about a full weekly wrap up for years! And in 2k8 the team chemistry really didn't seem to effective. I'd sacrifice 24/7 mode and dunk contest crap for a better presentation and more on court features in a second.

Live 08's Dynasty mode killed the Association this year! Also I truly hope 2k9's graphics are more realistic this year. I want them to surpass EA's player models which look so real. There is a lot that needs to be done in so little time. Lets hope after or during E3 we find a lot out about this game and seem some 80% completion screenshots or videos. Anything less than that is a waste of time!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
That weekly re-cap show idea a la SportsCenter is something they've shown they can do anyway. So now that College Hoops is discontinued, they should move that right on over to NBA 2K.

And "College Hoops Tonight" with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg was tight by the way....
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2k

LOL @ Shadows finding a way to mention graphics in an Association Post.

But what did Live do that was so much better than 2K? I didn't play Live this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 41
I disagree with statum71 about the recap in College Hoops. I need to train my players, find recruits, do the bonus drills, practice plays... I don't need to see some poorly-animated show saying that Ohio State is playing Michigan State this week. In fact, is there a way to never remind me of the highlight show?

A highlight show is always mentioned on the 2K Sports forums, but they're all newbies with no clout as opposed to people who want a genuine sim experience. So, no matter how much I play offline (100%, by the way), I don't feel that a highlight show would be a good use of the developers' time or disk space (not that they utilize even a quarter of the PS3 disk space as-is).

I'd just like to see more things for the GM to do like interviews, with the press or with players or anyone in the organization.

I think that there is a lot that can be done with the game including Association, but I don't think your list pinpoints those well. I mean, storylines would be good in the case of two players not getting along or something, but this isn't professional wrestling. I do like the idea of players going into the GM's office, though.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Say what you want shinyhubcaps, but I play only offline, do all the training, am in year 6 of a closed legacy, and I still like the highlights shows. I don't watch them every week, but I do enjoy them.

If that makes me less of a gamer to some elite pricks, so be it.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Great Read. I think the addition of features such as the NBDL and ten day contracts are a must for a succesful association, the way the baseball games implemented their respective minor league systems this year would be a good place to start. Being able to send those young prospects down to the LA Dazzlers would be excellent for the longevity of the game

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 06-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #15
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

To piggyback on this, they don't even have to sign the real NBDL. They could make up their own leagues and crap where we could go scout players and stuff. Make it a bit deeper so that we can have the ability to find our gems. I enjoyed the read. Basically what I'm waiting for from 2K. I'm very curious to see how Live's Dynasty was though I didn't play it? What did they do to make it better than 2K's Association? Need to do some copying and pasting in this piece??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 AM   #16
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
To piggyback on this, they don't even have to sign the real NBDL. They could make up their own leagues and crap where we could go scout players and stuff. Make it a bit deeper so that we can have the ability to find our gems. I enjoyed the read. Basically what I'm waiting for from 2K. I'm very curious to see how Live's Dynasty was though I didn't play it? What did they do to make it better than 2K's Association? Need to do some copying and pasting in this piece??
Short Video!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24157.html

5 Page Interview on their Dynasty Mode!

http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1154837

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »