Home

Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

Matthew DiStaulo checks in today with an article looking at how to best improve the franchise mode in the NBA 2k series. Be sure to check out his article, Improving the Franchise Mode in NBA 2k.

Quote:
"One thing I love about NBA 2k8 is the game play on the court. One thing I hate about NBA 2k8 is everything else. The Franchise Mode has been stale for years now, which seems to be a trend in most next generation sports games. Companies are so focused on graphics, game play, and online play that they neglect an entire sect of their customers who love flying solo. The best way to cater to this group of gamers is to give them a more in depth franchise mode."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
I think i remember a post by a 2K designer, stating that 2k9 will focus more on improving the presentation. Hopefully that includes "in game" and aspects of the franchise mode.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
Excellent! I agreed. I'm a lonely player who DON'T enjoy playing online (everyone, every human, play the game with an awful style for me) and i need a really deep franchise mode ti be happy. NBA 2k8 is a wonderful basketball game, but i need a wonderful NBA sim game.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
I agree, i look forward to the franchise mode and jump into it once i get the game and i would love more detail,cut scenes.and for the love of god let us sign real coaches, i want to bring phil jackson to the raps and i cant tisk tisk tisk.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13
I play dynasty/franchise style play in all my games exclusively, and I play nothing other than sports game (well, nearly...anyhow). I really don't like the NBA 2K franchise stuff. It does need to be more compelling to keep me from just jumping into another game, especially with such long seasons. I like the idea of a weekly show that would keep you checking in on stuff going on around the league.

I find that setting the practice schedule is a thankless chore. If I could turn it off, I would. I think it would be great if your assistant coaches would update you (emails?) with team trends or personnel issues so you could then address them. Just arranging practices weekly, frankly, sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I guess I'm in the minority in that I'd rather have a stripped down Franchise mode... I don't want to set practices every week, or have to hire scouts to give reports on some made-up prospect. I just want to play, make trades, at draft time get a list of prospects to choose from with ratings, etc.. I want a Franchise mode that's at more like 80% playing games and 20% managing the team, not 20% playing and 80% managing.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
..would be a great feature too, that as players retire in your franchise... you can turn them into assistant/head coaches.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2k

All I need is the season mode that they had back in the Dreancast days.

Just give me the ability to control every team's depth chart and rosters. So, I can mirror the season that is going on IRL.

I really miss this feature and I wish VC would bring it back.

Oh yeah, and please fix the rotation/injury bug from 2k8. That caused the game to scramble player's MPG each time there is a injury during the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »