Home

Making the Jump to a PS3 and The Show

This is a discussion on Making the Jump to a PS3 and The Show within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31
Proofreading is fun...
Old 06-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
No sweat CPR. Discussing which version of 2k baseball is best for next gen is a little like discussing which iteration of nba live is best... or debating which LA Clippers team is the best over the years- pretty pointless. Good article, the show is the way to go for sure.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8
The thing is, I don't want to pay around $650 just so I can get solid baseball game. I;d gladly pay $70 or even $80 to play this game on Xbox 360, but I don't think one game would persuade me to purchase a brand new console.

I'll just wait until Xbox gets a good baseball series or 2k makes a better baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #12
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLantern
The thing is, I don't want to pay around $650 just so I can get solid baseball game. I;d gladly pay $70 or even $80 to play this game on Xbox 360, but I don't think one game would persuade me to purchase a brand new console.

I'll just wait until Xbox gets a good baseball series or 2k makes a better baseball game.
PaperLantern, I hear you. If it weren't for all of the things I mentioned at the beginning of the article, I'd never have gotten the Ps3 or MLB. Actually, I'm still a little surprised that it worked out.

Check out the 5/30 links for the Walmart deal. Basically, you get a $100 gift card back. That works for me--we do a lot of grocery shopping there. I also used a Sony card that gives you another $100 back on your first purchase, as long as it's over $299. So I paid a total of $199 (399-200) for the system and another 30 for the game (used copy minus the trade in). If you could get a BlueRay player and a great baseball game for $230, does that sound better?

Don't worry...I don't make money from Sony or Walmart. But if it does help someone enjoy a baseball game, it's worth my time spreading the word.

Last edited by CPRoark; 06-07-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #13
Rookie

frbc's Arena

OVR: 2
The PS3 has become more of an option with games like The Show. On the whole, however, sports games have lagged significantly behind the XBOX 360 in terms of graphics. This year's "Show" was an exception. The graphics were crisp and next gen--I would argue better than MLB 2K8 on the 360. However, to date, EA Sports games look more like a PS2 and a half than a PS3, with a lot of lag, tear lines, etc. Hopefully, the next wave of PS3 games from EA will finally take advantage of the fabled PS3 capabilities.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 15
I also took the plunge a couple of months back and got a PS3 mainly for The Show (kept my 360 too). Post patch 2k8 plays a decent game of baseball but The Show pretty much blows it away in every aspect. It was worth the $$ and games like Uncharted, Resistance, and Heavenly Sword keep me playing it.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
All I know is ... I loved MVP 05 on the PC ... I have not played a game close to that since MLB 06: The Show ... I had it for the PSP, and the darn PSP version looked better and had far better animations than 2K6 for the 360.

I ran out and re-bought a slim PS2 just to get the PS2 version. Then came 2K7 on the 360, which showed a LOT of promise, and it held me over well last year.

But now came this little gem called MLB 08: The Show for the PS3. And I was so jonesin' for a baseball game, after not enjoying the 2K8 Demo on the 360, I promptly ran to the store, shelled out the cash for the PS3 and The Show. And I am glad I did. Never looking back now. These guys just know baseball. And to think, it will only get better next year.

Love the game... it is all I play EVERY day, on the PS3 and PSP... they need to shorten the load times on the PSP version, but other than that... the best out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
MVP 05 is my baseball fix even today. I can't bring myself to purchase a PS3 for the sake of one game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »