Home

First NBA Live 09 Screenshots

This is a discussion on First NBA Live 09 Screenshots within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #41
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: First NBA Live 09 Screenshots

Im sure the graphics will be improved because both games dont give us final graphics shots in early releases, but Ill buy the game if they fix the physics and animations.

If it's just the same recycled trash where you spend countless hours trying to make it play decent then im passing on it another year.

I dont get why EA has to be so corporate and not personally interact with the fans that buy the games beyond the NBA Live ESPN tournament fanboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #42
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Judging by the screenshots, the game is still obviously very early. I can nitpick all day, but there's no point in doing that with months left in the development.

I hope they have improved the animations and the way players move. That's one of my biggest gripes with Live - the players move unrealistically.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #43
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
None taken. I know what you guys want. It's coming guys, no worries! It just may not necessarily be here.

I don't have to tell you guys that these are super early, but that wouldn't matter anyway. We're all in the same boat here and analyze everything that comes out. That's why I love this!
Steph you best push them to come here, don't try to weasel all their free time on those EA blogs and the EA message boards, what would be the point of that?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 32
Well, I have to give it to EA for one thing - the stills look pretty nice and the player models look pretty good IMO. However, the look of the players even in the shots looks a bit off somehow - but I suppose these are early screens etc..so whatever - none the less, seeing the game in motion will be the tell. But it does seem funny how 2K, even in screenshots seemingly look the part most of the time. I have a strong feeling Live will again own the suck title this year. In a perfect world, EA's player models and grahpics + 2K's gameplay engine = greatness.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #45
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Well, I have to give it to EA for one thing - the stills look pretty nice and the player models look pretty good IMO. However, the look of the players even in the shots looks a bit off somehow - but I suppose these are early screens etc..so whatever - none the less, seeing the game in motion will be the tell. But it does seem funny how 2K, even in screenshots seemingly look the part most of the time. I have a strong feeling Live will again own the suck title this year. In a perfect world, EA's player models and grahpics + 2K's gameplay engine = greatness.
Its always the nose! They are too pointed, they get the rest of the face right, but everyone has a generic pointed nose and thats just wrong, because majority of the players faces should have round tipped noses or other ways, but not so jagged and pointed! They'll get it right hopefully!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #46
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll have to say, I've been anticipating Live news since last years game was released. Judging by the screenshots the models looks better, but whether the case be movement/motion in the players or just an early build -- when there's some type of movement the jerseys look AWFUL. Hopefully that'll be fixed, but you'd think EA wouldn't release pictures that display weaknesses in the game, UNLESS it's something they've already addressed and just aren't showing us yet.

When can we expect a video?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #47
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizeezyc
Steph you best push them to come here, don't try to weasel all their free time on those EA blogs and the EA message boards, what would be the point of that?
Hey bro, I don't make the rules.

Anyway, it'll probably be exclusive to the NBA LIVE 09 forums.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

If they've done the animation work that other studios at EA have done and ironed out game play issues, it should be a solid game. What EA has done with Fifa and NHL over the last couple of years in terms of tech, has given me hope for their other games. We see that tech being heavily emphasized in Madden this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »