Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

It would be nice if EA would instead of having this crazy rewind option, have it to where u can rewind your game and watch it in broadcast mode. Nothing like seeing yourself and others watching key plays and hits in TV style presentation. They should add that and spectator mode for online would be great. Nothing like chilling at home and watching fierce competition online in broadcast style. I hope they listening!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone else noticed that the font for player names on jerseys is way off this year? It was completely wrong all of last gen, and its one of the few things that was fixed in 06-08, but so far this year it looks like they broke them again. What gives? Is it really hard to make sure the text on jerseys is proportionally accurate?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1nch
Has anyone else noticed that the font for player names on jerseys is way off this year? It was completely wrong all of last gen, and its one of the few things that was fixed in 06-08, but so far this year it looks like they broke them again. What gives? Is it really hard to make sure the text on jerseys is proportionally accurate?
That's on the list of things in Ian's thread to fix so hopefully it is fixed. It looks terrible right now I agree.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #76
All Star

OVR: 33

You guys need to realise that there a different teams that work on different things. For example; theres a probably gameplay team, graphics team; sound team; presentation team; aesthetic team and probably add a new gimmick team.

I can't stand hearing people say, they shouldn't have added rewind and focused more on gameplay. Well, those guys that made the Rewind feature have nothing to do with gameplay. They're job was probably to add something new so don't bash them. As for chain gangs and stuff, I heard that they were much harder to code on next gen then current gen.

Don't be so quick to jump on and say how stupid Rewind, virtual training and madden iq are. Rewind is not just a mulligan feature. You can actually
rewatch the play and see what you did wrong, see who you should have passed too and why the play broke down. You don't have to mulligan , you can just watch and learn.

And you can set how many rewinds you have. 0 3 6 9 or unlimited against the cpu or unranked games. If you think its stupid then set it to 0. Simple.

Madden's heading in the right direction. Finally.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
You guys need to realise that there a different teams that work on different things. For example; theres a probably gameplay team, graphics team; sound team; presentation team; aesthetic team and probably add a new gimmick team.

I can't stand hearing people say, they shouldn't have added rewind and focused more on gameplay. Well, those guys that made the Rewind feature have nothing to do with gameplay. They're job was probably to add something new so don't bash them. As for chain gangs and stuff, I heard that they were much harder to code on next gen then current gen.

Don't be so quick to jump on and say how stupid Rewind, virtual training and madden iq are. Rewind is not just a mulligan feature. You can actually
rewatch the play and see what you did wrong, see who you should have passed too and why the play broke down. You don't have to mulligan , you can just watch and learn.

And you can set how many rewinds you have. 0 3 6 9 or unlimited against the cpu or unranked games. If you think its stupid then set it to 0. Simple.

Exactly, there are several teams for each section of the game. Does anyone know if they are fixing the faces?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #78
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
It would be nice if EA would instead of having this crazy rewind option, have it to where u can rewind your game and watch it in broadcast mode. Nothing like seeing yourself and others watching key plays and hits in TV style presentation. They should add that and spectator mode for online would be great. Nothing like chilling at home and watching fierce competition online in broadcast style. I hope they listening!!!!!!!
That's a great idea.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #79
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Do you work for EA?? Jk, but seriously, its not that people absolutely hate the feature, its just that they feel like its not necessary and time wasted. I think everyone would rather have diff. camera angles rather than this feature. They should be spending their resources on something better.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 7

They still dont have accelerated clock or different camera angles...wtf...thats a NO purchase for me....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »