Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #89
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Which just baffles me, and brings up the old accusation (one I don't havent subscribed to ) that tiburon is wanting in the coding dept.
baffles me too.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #90
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Which just baffles me, and brings up the old accusation (one I don't havent subscribed to ) that tiburon is wanting in the coding dept.
It seems to be more difficult than people seem to think. While it pisse me off to no end to not have in-game saves (I firmly believe it should be a standard in every sports game), in talking to both the developers for NFL2k5 and MLB The Show, it sounds pretty hard. I have been begging Kolbe for years for in-game saves. It was always a time constraint thing with them as well. Finally it got in this year. I bugged Shawn Lee for years with the 2k series and APF, again it was always a time constraint thing. Just never super high on the priority list, but difficult enough to warrant significan development time. I don't think you could accuse the MLB or 2k teams to be wanting in the coding dept.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #91
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Even if they made saves only available at the end of each quarter I would be (fairly) happy. Games like GTA (I haven't played the new one yet) have essentially in-games saves at specific points.

I miss the accelerated clock even more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Even if they made saves only available at the end of each quarter I would be (fairly) happy. Games like GTA (I haven't played the new one yet) have essentially in-games saves at specific points.

I miss the accelerated clock even more.
Good point ... at the end of each quarter, or even at halftime would more than suffice for me. I can pretty much always find enough time to get a half-game in. I wonder if that's something EA would look at for future games, and if having it that way versus "anytime saves" would make it easier to implement?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #93
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Good point ... at the end of each quarter, or even at halftime would more than suffice for me. I can pretty much always find enough time to get a half-game in. I wonder if that's something EA would look at for future games, and if having it that way versus "anytime saves" would make it easier to implement?
I agree with this.

And to take it even a step further, they should do automatic saves at he end of each quarter. That would actually be a better solution, because that way, if the game ever freezes or crashes on you you will automatically be saved at the end of the previous quarter.

So let's change our rally cry from just in-game saves to at least automatic saves...
Old 05-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 11

I think that's a great idea.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #95
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

The battlecry seems to always be: "Maybe next year!"

$60 and the utterance of the battlecry!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I agree with this.

And to take it even a step further, they should do automatic saves at he end of each quarter. That would actually be a better solution, because that way, if the game ever freezes or crashes on you you will automatically be saved at the end of the previous quarter.

So let's change our rally cry from just in-game saves to at least automatic saves...
You'r right, that is the way to go. Because in-game saves would only be utilized if you're going to go do something so they wouldn't help if a thunderstorm caused the power to go out. I like this idea a lot better than in-game saves.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »