Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
EA doesn't care about the 30 -40 yr old adult market . You know, guys with a wife, kids and an outside life. Since the early 2000's this game has been aimed at the 15 - 25 yr old market who play 5 min. quarters on line and expect to score 50 points a game. These players don't need an accelerated clock or in game saves. In fact, I don't think they really want the game to reflect real football. They want "hit stick" bomb it out football. Now, those of us who enjoy playing a graphic simulation of real football have still bought Madden because, thanks to the exclusive license, there was nothing else left to buy . And now, as a matter of fact, those of us old folks who have enjoyed playing a graphic, not text based, football game on our PC's for almost 20 years will have no games left to buy at all. Thanks EA Sports!
Dam I was just gonna post this. ANd you've hit it right on the head.

They've gotta have enough market data that suggests targeting this demographic. People that don't want sugar buzz football just must not be a lucrative market anymore.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 7
What a shame. In game saves should have been high on their priority. I don't trust this company in their ability to develop a high quality consumer satisfying football game. By year three on next gen consoles I'm amazed they still are not adding that important feature. I'm looking forward to Backbreaker as a replacement for APF2K to challenge Madden.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydra
I'm looking forward to Backbreaker as a replacement for APF2K to challenge Madden.
I don't think you or anyone else looking for a Sim in Backbreaker will be the least bit happy. Reading interviews with the devs it sounds like it will be even further away than Madden in regards to realism. Sure the actual hits and all that will be far more realistic but the devs have said they don't plan to be "constrained" by NFL type play.

Just from reading that and other comments I get the feeling it's going to be like an NFL Blitz with some crazy rules and whatnot (ex. 100 yard field? we're not constrained by that, let's do a 60 yard field, more scoring = more fun!). You wait, Backbreaker will serve one purpose, to make everyone bemoan the fact that EA or Taketwo didn't buy the technology. I seriously doubt any of us sim-guys will be playing Backbreaker more than a few weeks after it's release and the wow factor wears off.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #76
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes this news is very disappointing.

When I first read about In-game saves being in '09'...I was very pleased. I'm also an older gamer with a wife, three kids and a home to take care of. To me...In-game saves is just a commonsense feature to have back in the game. So the news that in fact this very valuable feature wasn't returning, was a letdown. I use 12 min qrts in my franchise games, so my games can get kinda lengthy...and real life comes calling often.

I suppose it sounds kind of silly but...I took it as kind of symbolic when we first heard this feature was returning. "Symbolic" meaning that a feature was being brought back that was maybe a little more geared towards the adult gamer that didn't always have the spare time to finish a full game. Not the end of the world...but a drag.

Ah heck...I'm still looking forward to '09' regardless.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:32 AM   #77
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

the ****? this is the fourth madden on next-gen and they still haven't implemented in-game saves? FAIL.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #78
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassman
EA doesn't care about the 30 -40 yr old adult market . You know, guys with a wife, kids and an outside life. Since the early 2000's this game has been aimed at the 15 - 25 yr old market who play 5 min. quarters on line and expect to score 50 points a game. These players don't need an accelerated clock or in game saves. In fact, I don't think they really want the game to reflect real football. They want "hit stick" bomb it out football. Now, those of us who enjoy playing a graphic simulation of real football have still bought Madden because, thanks to the exclusive license, there was nothing else left to buy . And now, as a matter of fact, those of us old folks who have enjoyed playing a graphic, not text based, football game on our PC's for almost 20 years will have no games left to buy at all. Thanks EA Sports!
As an old gamer (40) with a wife and kid on the way things like this are a huge effect on me. I did not buy Madden 07 or 08 for my 360 and will continue to boycott this year. I actually lost it when I lost my custom playbook and ability to adjust substiutions by formation. I oince again will rent and be sickened by the 8th Pick of the game and the inability to play the high quality game I used to enjoy in 2005.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #79
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Right! with such useful and pertinent additions like; holographic training, and stadium exteriors how dare we complain that something useful and not very new isnt included in our $60, been coming out for 20 years, game.
I doubt very much that this is in any way, shape or form "your" game.

In fact, I'll go one step further: there isn't the slightest chance you are going to buy M '09. You know it, I know it, heck everyone here knows it. How then does this effect you in any way?

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-15-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 12

The excuses they use are pathetic. I'm sure if they wanted to they could implement in-game saves in no-time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »