Home

Are You Ready for Some (Next-Gen) Football?

This is a discussion on Are You Ready for Some (Next-Gen) Football? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Are You Ready for Some (Next-Gen) Football?

In his writing debut, Will Soistman takes a look at the next-gen football games and talks about how far they really have come. Check out his article here.

Quote:
"All of us were ready for it. Sitting on our couches quickly anticipating the 2005 NFL Draft. However, it was not because of the juniors and seniors waiting to be picked by NFL teams. But because of a promise made by EA, saying that they were going to debut a trailer that would represent what they were aiming for with the next generation of consoles. With the new power of consoles, fans of Madden and NCAA eagerly awaited the new iterations that would be debuting with each new sports season. But did the new versions succeed? Let's take a look as to what these games bring to the table in this new era of gaming."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
I am ready for a next gen football game because i havent actually seen one yet
Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Are You Ready for Some (Next-Gen) Football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I am ready for a next gen football game because i havent actually seen one yet
Agreed.
I thank we wont see a 'next-gen' game until the NFL license is no longer an exclusive.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #4

OVR: 34
Backbreaker will be heralded for it's use of Euphoria but most likely shredded by gamers who have yet to learn to relax their anticipation and expectation for these games.

I enjoy playing Madded, but it's the same engine that past-gen had. Quite honestly, the company to hold more accountable is 2K Sports. They have flubbed baseball, half-assed their All-Pro Football title, and basically polished up the NBA 2K series. We love to remember the days of ESPN NFL 2K5, but if we use that guage for Madden, why not use it for 2K Sports in general? They have tripped over themselves far too many times in the next-gen arena.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Backbreaker will be heralded for it's use of Euphoria but most likely shredded by gamers who have yet to learn to relax their anticipation and expectation for these games.

I enjoy playing Madded, but it's the same engine that past-gen had. Quite honestly, the company to hold more accountable is 2K Sports. They have flubbed baseball, half-assed their All-Pro Football title, and basically polished up the NBA 2K series. We love to remember the days of ESPN NFL 2K5, but if we use that guage for Madden, why not use it for 2K Sports in general? They have tripped over themselves far too many times in the next-gen arena.
I really dont know what you mean by that, they either put out a good game of football or they dont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Next-gen football has yet to arrive unles you count a stripped down, but shiny version of Madden 05 that EA continues to pass of as next-gen Madden 08/09.

Madden hasn't done anything next-gen except regress.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #7

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
I really dont know what you mean by that, they either put out a good game of football or they dont.
What I mean is that the use of Euphoria will open some eyes to what the possibilities are for football, but I think many will bash it because it doesn't live up to their expectations. Backbreaker is something to look forward to. I would like to see what else they have besides Euphoria and some different camera angles. Right now the game looks very generic.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
What I mean is that the use of Euphoria will open some eyes to what the possibilities are for football, but I think many will bash it because it doesn't live up to their expectations. Backbreaker is something to look forward to. I would like to see what else they have besides Euphoria and some different camera angles. Right now the game looks very generic.
I agree that a Euphoria based football game would be exciting, but I think most people have pretty low expectations for this game. If the game ever hits, and thats a really big if, Im not expecting much past an 11 on 11 NFL Blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »