Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Goodness people.Talk about thankless!You want your cake and to eat it too.EA has a buggy Madden 08,not happy and rightfully.EA leaves out in game saves to try and eliminate bugs and such and you're still not happy.You know I would rather have play a full game before I can save and be mostly bug free,then play a bug infested game that I'll be lucky to play long enough to save.A bug infested game to ruins the fun of the game such as Madden 08.
I don't think it is a lot to ask them to include features that they had in a last-gen version of the game. If they could accomplish in-game saves on a version of the consoles with significantly less resources, it shouldn't be an issue to do it this generation at all. It is just another in a long line of examples of EA not caring what people really want.

I agree with you that I would trade in-game saves for a bug free Madden experience. Sadly, I have ZERO faith in that occuring. This year is all presentation and gimped online season play for Madden. Granted, I appreciate the presentation upgrades, but a shiny turd is still just a turd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #42
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Yeah... this year all the game reviewers will say how bad 08 was but how great 09 is (just like they did last year with 07 and 08). My question is this: If it was so bad how in the heck did it get a 9 out 10!

Several potential reasons:

1. Name recognition. I am sure there are reviewers who have that, "Oh its Madden, it must be good" attitude.

2. Many reviewers probably don't really know or care about sports games or they may be "causual" Madden gamers.

3. EA is so powerful that some gaming sites may feel intimiadated to give that good score.

4. They don't play the game long enough before reviewing the game thus not finding the bugs or gameplay issues that people in this forum will.

5. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors with gaming sites and the big and powerful EA. Is there a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" attitude? I don't know if that is the case but one really has to wonder from time to time.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #43
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
This quote is always funny to me when taking of Madden. That's right, I can stop buying their football game to buy......

Oh, wait...there is no other current football game.

I guess I will just have to like what they put out in what is considered to be the next gen market which we all have spent a pretty dollar on, without ever demanding a better prodcut from this company who has monopolized the football gaming scene. How dare we demand better.
Wanting a better product is fine.The problem I have is people saying how much they hate EA,but continue to buy their product.If it's crap and has been crap,don't buy it,plain and simple.I don't care if it's the last of its kind,I'm still not going to buy something I hate.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #44
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Wanting a better product is fine.The problem I have is people saying how much they hate EA,but continue to buy their product.If it's crap and has been crap,don't buy it,plain and simple.I don't care if it's the last of its kind,I'm still not going to buy something I hate.
Exactly. If more people voiced their displeasure through buying habits rather then rants, EA would be sure to make changes.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #45
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Exactly. If more people voiced their displeasure through buying habits rather then rants, EA would be sure to make changes.
Well put.
and if you are going to buy but have some reservations and want a better product, and your not 1 of those 'midnight line guys', at least pick it up used (Im sure there'll be plenty).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I have three children and a wife as well.

I'm not happy about accelerated clock not being in the game, but if I played without in games saves last year, I can do the same this year. Granted, I also understand folks who were used to it last gen and won't have it this gen.

I can only hold out hope the game has minimal or no bugs.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Several potential reasons:

1. Name recognition. I am sure there are reviewers who have that, "Oh its Madden, it must be good" attitude.

2. Many reviewers probably don't really know or care about sports games or they may be "causual" Madden gamers.

3. EA is so powerful that some gaming sites may feel intimiadated to give that good score.

4. They don't play the game long enough before reviewing the game thus not finding the bugs or gameplay issues that people in this forum will.

5. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors with gaming sites and the big and powerful EA. Is there a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" attitude? I don't know if that is the case but one really has to wonder from time to time.
You could have played Madden for 8 hours last year and realized the terrible bugs and issues with the game. There were that many and they were that obvious.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #48
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
I am disappointed in EA big time, I know the bugs and gltiches are very important, and online leagues are very important to probably a majority, just upset that I was mislead, and for a franchise player with not all the time in the world to play, this would be a great feature. That is the future that keeps me coming back for MLB 2k8. As long as I can finish a game in an hour I will be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »