Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #33
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Goodness people.Talk about thankless!You want your cake and to eat it too.EA has a buggy Madden 08,not happy and rightfully.EA leaves out in game saves to try and eliminate bugs and such and you're still not happy.You know I would rather have play a full game before I can save and be mostly bug free,then play a bug infested game that I'll be lucky to play long enough to save.A bug infested game to ruins the fun of the game such as Madden 08.
Seriously? Isn't that typical EA? Fix one thing but take out another. It's been going on for years. I have $100 and some swampland that says those jackasses will be touting in game saves as a feature next year.

Again, we are minority. The majority of their customers play 5 minute quarters and games last 30 minutes.

I'm not defending them, but it makes sense.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #34
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Goodness people.Talk about thankless!You want your cake and to eat it too.EA has a buggy Madden 08,not happy and rightfully.EA leaves out in game saves to try and eliminate bugs and such and you're still not happy.You know I would rather have play a full game before I can save and be mostly bug free,then play a bug infested game that I'll be lucky to play long enough to save.A bug infested game to ruins the fun of the game such as Madden 08.
If the games plays great, I can sacrifice this feature, but honestly I have very low confidence that the game will fix the issues in 08 and up the gameplay enough to make me happy. Plus the accelerated clock helps the gameplay for me, and that seems to be out. That is a big strike one for me.

Honestly I don't think it's too much to ask for a feature that we had 4 years ago.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Of course your points only make sense if EA does in fact REMOVE THE BUGS from the game, and that clearly remains to be seen. Remember they still promote the idea that 08' won all kinds of awards, etc, so obviously their idea of a "bug-free" game differes greatly from ours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #36
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I agree 100%, but we are on the 4th version for this generation and they cannot get it to play correct by now? I know it is a small feature and I could care less about it as a single feature, but when you take a look at the features as a whole, the small additions add-up.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 05-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #37
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Yes,time will tell.If 09 is a buggy mess as 08 then even with the feature,it's still crap.So we will see if they actually make up for not including the feature.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #38
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Of course your points only make sense if EA does in fact REMOVE THE BUGS from the game, and that clearly remains to be seen. Remember they still promote the idea that 08' won all kinds of awards, etc, so obviously their idea of a "bug-free" game differes greatly from ours.
Yeah,Madden 08 should have been stripped of all its great ratings and awards once all the bugs were uncovered.There is no way that game was the 9 0f 10 ratings it recieved.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Yeah,Madden 08 should have been stripped of all its great ratings and awards once all the bugs were uncovered.There is no way that game was the 9 0f 10 ratings it recieved.
Yeah... this year all the game reviewers will say how bad 08 was but how great 09 is (just like they did last year with 07 and 08). My question is this: If it was so bad how in the heck did it get a 9 out 10!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Then please stop buying their games.
This quote is always funny to me when taking of Madden. That's right, I can stop buying their football game to buy......

Oh, wait...there is no other current football game.

I guess I will just have to like what they put out in what is considered to be the next gen market which we all have spent a pretty dollar on, without ever demanding a better prodcut from this company who has monopolized the football gaming scene. How dare we demand better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »