Home

MLB '08: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '08: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: MLB '08: The Show Review

Halo 3 and COD4 is not The Show. That's what I'm trying to get across to you. I'm not trying to downplay the popularity of online gaming in general, only saying that it's not the focal point of a SPORTS SIMULATION.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

I disagree. Sports simulations, simulate sports. Sports are the definition of COMPETITION. Baseball is played by real men, competing directly against each other, like all sports. Sports simulations, at least to me, were meant to be played competitively. Even in the early gaming days, sports titles ONLY had 1 player vs. CPU in an "exhibition" style single game, or you could play 2 players head to head. Season and franchise modes didnt appear until later console cycles.

Online play is in fact huge. There are entire communities and fan sites based solely on online leagues, tournaments, etc. Online play is BUILT INTO these newer consoles, and it is a major selling point now, not some niche feature or add on. It all boils down to your own opinion and how you like to play the game. I personally need the head to head competitive feeling of playing another human. No CPU could ever generate the same intelligence or decision making a human being does. Thats what makes these sports sims exciting to me, playing head to head. Just because i never play against the CPU though, doesn't mean i dont want the other modes, ala season or franchise to work properly though.

The one thing we all have in common no matter how we enjoy the game is that we are all fans and consumers of the game, we all paid 65 bucks to enjoy it. Every mode should work properly, and the fact of the matter is that this game is severly plagued by lag issues.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It looks as if comprehension is a DISTANT relative of YOURS..... because nobody knows what YOU'RE(as in YOU ARE) talking about.
Normally I would let that one go, because we all make mistakes when posting online.
I just couldn't let the irony go by though...speaking of comprehending something, when your comprehension of grammar is lacking right there.
Maybe you should just take your condescending attitude and turn it down a notch.
I think we all understand what you are saying. You just cannot seem to grasp that most people don't agree with you. It makes you angry and anger can fester, get ugly and turn you into something unappealing...perhaps even cause you to reside under a bridge.....are you COMPREHENDING what I'm saying?..
Let it go....
Bring peace and serenity back into your life...

M.K.
Knight165

Oldschool,

We get it now, we get it. Here's the fix for YOU....

YOU are right. We agree with YOU. Thank YOU for bringing this to our attention. The reviewer thanks YOU for bringing it up. YOU are correct. We will read every long winded repetitive post YOU make, as YOU are correct.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #68
MLB Lead Animator

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
Funny thing...where are those devs now to field questions about the online play?...Devs do the same thing almost every year..They show their faces daily before the game drops..Then as soon as that bad boy hits the stores...They are O-U-T
On vacation until tomorrow...see ya then!!

Chris

ps. I would use the online forums on SportsConnect to ask questions about Online play...
Old 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
On vacation until tomorrow...see ya then!!

Chris

ps. I would use the online forums on SportsConnect to ask questions about Online play...
Thank you bro...No disrespect intended...Actually today has been a pretty good day Online and I will hit the SportsConnect Forums...Gotta be honest though Chris...after looking at the SportsConnect Forums I can't tell where the best place would be to post anything...let alone specific online issues.

Lots of inappropriate posts with guys saying one liners or mindless jibberish...Any specific area to post?...I was thinking TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Also is there some way you or anyone can explain how the Online network works for the game?..Is it peer to peer, server based etc???

Last edited by Oldschool17; 03-16-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Oldschool,

We get it now, we get it. Here's the fix for YOU....

YOU are right. We agree with YOU. Thank YOU for bringing this to our attention. The reviewer thanks YOU for bringing it up. YOU are correct. We will read every long winded repetitive post YOU make, as YOU are correct.
I never meant or wanted to be right but facts are just that...FACTS...Please get off your lil "We" kick and speak for yourself. I don't need to be right..I just need the guys at Sony to know that ONLINE is a very viable part of this game...I'm sure Chris would agree with that as well..Just like I'm sure he would agree that Franchise is equally important.

So instead of turning this into a tit for tat discussion just accept the fact that each portion of all games should receive the same attention and when a part of the game is subpar it affects every consumer who bought the game...Eventually.

Last edited by Oldschool17; 03-16-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #71
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
I never meant or wanted to be right...Just wanted to hopefully create some common ground for all of us who enjoy and love this game...I love this game...Its probably the best Sports game ever made for any console
OldSchool....
Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot.
Let's just put it to rest and go from here.
I'm serious about realizing that online is a huge part of gaming in general...and I was also serious that it might become a bigger part of the Show in the future if they continue to add features that can be used online(and they have this year if I read the previews correctly)

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I never meant or wanted to be right but facts are just that...FACTS...Please get off your lil "We" kick and speak for yourself. I don't need to be right..I just need the guys at Sony to know that ONLINE is a very viable part of this game...I'm sure Chris would agree with that as well..Just like I'm sure he would agree that Franchise is equally important.

So instead of turning this into a tit for tat discussion just accept the fact that each portion of all games should receive the same attention and when a part of the game is subpar it affects every consumer who bought the game...Eventually.
Then maybe you need to call for a change in the way ALL games are reviewed and stop pounding away at The Show's review. Because under the current scheme, a 6.5 is a terrible score. Why on earth should this game receive such an awful score when the online portion is the only mode that doesn't work the way it should? If there was a change in the way a 6.5 score is viewed by the consumer, and games much worse than The Show also received scores much worse than 6.5, then I could make some sense out of your suggestion that this game should receive such a low score. But until then, a 6.5 is ridiculous. I've seen games that are absolutey horrid from top to bottom receive scores higher than 6.5. That's why I find your opinion so utterly asinine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »