Home

MLB '08: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '08: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: MLB '08: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Sox....forget it.

I was going to reply to him AGAIN(even though he asked the same question I asked HIM...but you have kindly and correctly supplied the answer right here)...but then I thought...
"What could I better use this time for?" and I walked outside to my vehicle.......and put my head through the windshield just to see what it felt like.
I can honestly say it was a pretty good alternative!

M.K.
Knight165
True enough. It's a nice day here too, and a leaky spigot needs some fixing. I suppose my time should be devoted to that today.

By the way, I know you are hard at work on your rosters....did you still want to send me a suggestion list for MOM?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 3

I guess what you gentlemen fail to understand is that every single component of a game should be treated and scored equally...Franchise should not be more important than Season, Online should not be more important than editing players or collecting playing cards.

Now until that time comes when all gamers wake up and expect equality across the board with our games there will continue to be areas of neglect. The excuse that Online isn't that BIG is tired and by all accounts misleading when I'll bet you that well over half the people who own a ps3 and 360 did it for the online components of the console.

Also how do you explain XboxLive memberships in the MILLIONS not to mention the 10 Billion DL's by Xbox Live members?...Online is important..You guys that play only with yourselves in franchise and stare at stats wouldn't understand though because while your doing that many of us are playing H2H and/or in leagues...Would The SHOW even mess with a League feature or online if it were not a crucial component of the game?...I don't think so.

The problem is attitudes like many of yours who continually discount any portion of the game because it does not appeal to you...There is LIFE BEYOND FRANCHISE and its actually quite fun.

Lets just chalk this up to an agreement to disagree along with the fact that most of the responses fail to even get what the true point is..Its not to give the game a 6 or anything like that...6 was just an arbitrary number. The point is the scores, if we must have them, should make a statement to the producer that will give a clear indication that defective portions of all games are not satisfactory to all gamers...Its kinda like all gamers supporting each others best interests instead of selfishly deciding they don't give a rip about X part of a game because it doesn't appeal to them...This is why reviews that give any game a number are not necessary...Those numbers are for the gaming companies and their stats..Not for gamers

Last edited by Oldschool17; 03-16-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 60

And we disagree with you. So can this be put to rest now?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #60
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

LOL I don't play online...
Old 03-16-2008, 01:55 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
And we disagree with you. So can this be put to rest now?
The funny thing is you don't even know what your disagreeing with...because if you did...you wouldn't even make that statement...No biggie...comprehension is all relative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #62
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
The funny thing is you don't even know what your disagreeing with...because if you did...you wouldn't even make that statement...No biggie...comprehension is all relative
It looks as if comprehension is a DISTANT relative of YOURS..... because nobody knows what YOU'RE(as in YOU ARE) talking about.
Normally I would let that one go, because we all make mistakes when posting online.
I just couldn't let the irony go by though...speaking of comprehending something, when your comprehension of grammar is lacking right there.
Maybe you should just take your condescending attitude and turn it down a notch.
I think we all understand what you are saying. You just cannot seem to grasp that most people don't agree with you. It makes you angry and anger can fester, get ugly and turn you into something unappealing...perhaps even cause you to reside under a bridge.....are you COMPREHENDING what I'm saying?..
Let it go....
Bring peace and serenity back into your life...

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
The excuse that Online isn't that BIG is tired and by all accounts misleading when I'll bet you that well over half the people who own a ps3 and 360 did it for the online components of the console.
We're not talking about the PS3. We're talking about The Show. No, well over half the people who purchased The Show did not purchase the game for the online components. People do not buy sports simulations to play people online. THAT is the misleading statement. Not mine. Franchise mode and RTTS are the most discussed portions of this game, and every review that focuses their attention on these two modes has done their job. Solid 9.

For the record, I only quoted one small portion of your post because it's the one portion I wanted to comment on. Please don't think I am ignoring the rest or didn't read it.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
well over half the people who purchased The Show did not purchase the game for the online components. People do not buy sports simulations to play people online. T
Can you back those statements up with factual numbers or is that just an opinion?...Online is far bigger than you give it credit for...If it wasn't would it be such a huge selling point for the 360 and Ps3?

Try telling the guys on Halo or COD 4 that Online is not that big...Try telling the droves of Madden players that Online is not that big...Try selling your online aint that big nonsense to those playing NBA2k8 or NCAA Football and all of the other leagues that function based on online play. Do a search on LeagueDaddy or the 2K forums for all the leagues...Online aint that big though...You have no clue..Is it huge..No..But to say its not as important as Franchise mode or any other mode would be ONLY an opinion and not a fact.

Would online even be a component for sports games if it was not viewed by producers as relevant?...The problem is most of you can't see gaming beyond your own little compartmentalized Franchise World which IMO is a rather selfish way to view gaming. Sooner or later..and it will happen, the time will come when something that you care about most will be affected..Then some meathead will make the assanine comment that he/she does not care and its not that important...Lets see how you deal with that. Thats why I'd never make such a comment because it clearly shows a lack of understanding regarding how people working together can be more influential than the same people only worrying about whats best for them.

hell...with the over 100 people on my friends list..Not a one gives a rip about franchise...In fact I think its kinda boring to play a game and only play with the CPU and tinker and tamper with sliders..I also think that the number Franchise players are probably on par with those who play h2h either online, in person or play in leagues...But then again I try to have a wider view of things and not think just because a few dudes on a forum agree or not agree that those opinions are the end all be all...

Finally did it even occur to you that ONLINE PLAY has its own forum for every major sports game here at OS???...meanwhile I've yet to see a specific franchise forum or maybe I'm just overlooking it...Now I'm n ot saying Franchise isn't important..Because it is and I respect those who enjoy it...But you'd have to be a fool and foolish to even think that ONLINE Play is not a MAJOR player for THE SHOW and any other sports game.

BTW...Palyed some dude from Florida today...I'm in Seattle and the connection was butter Smooth..GO figure

Last edited by Oldschool17; 03-16-2008 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »