Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #1897
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Am I missing something or are player highlights not in the game anymore?

I'm not talking about inning highlights at the end of an inning. But say Fielder hit a shot in the 2nd inning and he comes up in the 7th, a replay showing him hit that homerun in the 2nd.

I have not seen anything like this since I got the game. It was in 2k7 and we have an option to turn it On or Off in 2k8. Anyone seen it?
Whewwww...lol glad I'm not the only one not seeing this. I thought I was going . I know what you're talking about,I remember it being in last year as well,but this year I haven't seen it at all.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #1898
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I just downloaded the demo and it was absolutely UNPLAYABLE to me. The stuttering was HORRIBLE. Plus the text is too small for me to read on my SDTV. Looks like I may be going with MVP Baseball 2005 for another year...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #1899
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Um.. did a fantasy draft and in the first game the computer pinch hit Josh Beckett with Sean Casey in the 3rd inning. Becket only gave up two runs.. so why did they take him out??
Old 03-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #1900
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Am I missing something or are player highlights not in the game anymore?

I'm not talking about inning highlights at the end of an inning. But say Fielder hit a shot in the 2nd inning and he comes up in the 7th, a replay showing him hit that homerun in the 2nd.

I have not seen anything like this since I got the game. It was in 2k7 and we have an option to turn it On or Off in 2k8. Anyone seen it?

That is honestly something that I don't miss. With the HR problems that were abundant in 2k7, a lot of games you ended up having batters come up with highlights of 2-3 homers in the game. After a couple of times thru, I ended up skipping past all these as quickly as I could.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #1901
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
That is honestly something that I don't miss. With the HR problems that were abundant in 2k7, a lot of games you ended up having batters come up with highlights of 2-3 homers in the game. After a couple of times thru, I ended up skipping past all these as quickly as I could.
I think a better solution for 2K would have been to keep the feature, but tone down the HR's... maybe that's just me though

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #1902
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Well after playing The Show most of the weekend I decided to spend Sunday evening with MLB 2K8 and the result was some great baseball.

Had two great games - Won 3-2, Phillies over Reds and won 6-4, Tigers over Rays.

Man if these bugs and stuttering problems were fixed, this would be a really good game. I'm starting to love the new pitching mechanic and I don't know if I can go back to normal. It isn't perfect but I like it.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #1903
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't have much time to post, and more will be coming...

But after playing my first two games tonight, I'm in love with the pitching mechanic. I'm actually afraid of throwing difficult pitches to good hitters. And seeing a catcher actually "call" a game by throwing down fingers is a nice touch.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #1904
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I don't have much time to post, and more will be coming...

But after playing my first two games tonight, I'm in love with the pitching mechanic. I'm actually afraid of throwing difficult pitches to good hitters. And seeing a catcher actually "call" a game by throwing down fingers is a nice touch.

Same here, had the game for a week and the new pitching system makes this game light years better than last year. You actually have to sweat for every single pitch like you would in a real game. It's an outstanding addition to this years game. The total control fielding is also a great touch as it's no longer just pressing a button and the ball is easily thrown to the base, you have to use both sticks to get the throw right and it really makes you work for wins. If you use total control fielding and don't take the time to get it down perfectly your in for a ton of errors. This game can't be touched when it comes to giving the user absolute total control, nothing comes close. Did I mention the graphics, they are brilliant too IMO.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 03-30-2008 at 10:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »