Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #1889
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The MLB2K6 thing was IGN hinting that that was the case (Jon Robinson I think) - far from actual fact. And if this game is so bad, there's apparently a great one in The Show that's available. If the MLB isn't making money on number of units sold, why would they care? They're getting their money up front. The NFL is the largest sports entity out there and they apparently don't have a problem with the dissatisfaction people have expressed on the forums
Your right...its a shame.... it really is that mediocrity is accepted and people continue to buy games just for the sake of it. In a perfect world we can get all games on all systems and get the competitive nature back and bring sports gaming back to what it once was. Ahhh memories.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #1890
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
Your right...its a shame.... it really is that mediocrity is accepted and people continue to buy games just for the sake of it.
Agreed. Unfortunately, I think that consumers in general have become a bit weak. Despite sky rocketing gas prices, we still can't part with our SUV's, or organize into car pools. It is the same with video games.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #1891
Banned

OVR: 28

I tell you guys one thing, I decided to give 2k a second shot after hearing the vip issue and so i bought another copy and did the signing out thing and also did my slider and all the crap I dont want in the game turned off and I say man this game is fun. Graphics are fine, think the grass is green as $hit but thats all good. I say hinestly I havent had ANY framerate issues period except once in a while the around the horn messes up because I have custom batter music. If I didnt have it on the game would play smooth. On my slider set the CPU steals whenever appropiate(Stuoid Ichiro and his good looks) and I get realistic scores. Had to dwindle the cpu down a bit because they were bombing me left and right but sfter that boys and girls we have a seet @ss game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #1892
Banned

OVR: 9

What sliders are u using to get the cpu to steal? Please elaborate.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #1893
Banned

OVR: 28

I use my own sliders, which are by default set on allstar. I click CPU steal success over +20 and then set their baserunning speed up +10 and their 2nd base attempts up +20 to 30. It all also depends on whos on the base paths as well. Ichiro and reyes WILL rip on you but gerald laird of the rangers wont. Also they arent going to steal with two outs and other factors play in as well. I think the reason most people dont like this game is because its not really user freindly to people who dont actually get the game of baseball. They only watch and say "thats cool good play so and so" but really dont know the managing aspect of it. This game is good, a little hitch once in a blue moon but it is genuine. (And yes I do have the show and I get my arcade baseball fix everytime I play it) Also you might want to set catcher arms a little higher, seems like no matter who it is once people start stealin in you its a prayer tp throw them out.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #1894
Rookie

FlyerFanatic08's Arena

OVR: 5

so i'm getting the pitching down which is making the game more enjoyable...now i gotta practice hitting...i've gotten runners on and into scoring positions, yet to score a run yet. i had a homer robbed from me when i thought i was going to finally get a run.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

Old 03-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #1895
Rookie

ability's Arena

OVR: 2

Finally getting to total control pitching down which makes the game a lot more enjoyable and adds a little more difficulty to it. Just need that damn patch to start my franchise up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #1896
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Am I missing something or are player highlights not in the game anymore?

I'm not talking about inning highlights at the end of an inning. But say Fielder hit a shot in the 2nd inning and he comes up in the 7th, a replay showing him hit that homerun in the 2nd.

I have not seen anything like this since I got the game. It was in 2k7 and we have an option to turn it On or Off in 2k8. Anyone seen it?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »