Home

OS Roundtable: Most Enjoyable Baseball Game of All-Time

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Most Enjoyable Baseball Game of All-Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Most Enjoyable Baseball Game of All-Time

This week on the Operation Sports Roundtable, our esteemed staffers discuss the most enjoyable baseball game of all time and then a fight over High Heat Baseball breaks out! Be sure to check out all the banter from TJ Cutini, Matt Gagnon, Chris Sanner, Dave Branda and more! Be sure to add your very own thoughts to the subject!

Quote:
"With the latest baseball titles out on the market, it's a great time to reflect on baseball games of year's past. What old baseball title did you enjoy playing the most?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 62
Great article. Sad there is no love for RBI Baseball though, even going back to its origins as an unlicensed NES game. IIRC, Jesse Orassco (sp) was a manimal on the mound.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29
Havent read the article, but MLB 08, its passes MVP 05. its MVP 05 next gen, MVP 05 got a little too much love dont get me wrong it was a very solid solid game, classic even but not the greatest not anymore...
2k5 was a decent shot as well, first game with specific custom soundtracks all new everything at the time. major blow to that game was multiplayer was weak but owell. it was also one of the first games i can remember that had HOF (in the skybox) that made me play ALOT of seasons in franchise personally. as for old school Ken Griffey number 1 for SNES was great for its time. Bigs a solid effort last year, seems like it could deliver an awesome arcade experience in future installments.

Best HR Derby was in Triple play 2001 where u were placed in odd enviroments ie Construction site, Living Room
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: OS Roundtable: Most Enjoyable Baseball Game of All-Time

It is important to distinguish the High Heat games. High Heat 2001 and 2002, specifically on the PC, post patches, and with all of the user mods and tune file adjustments was a brilliant, and highly influencial baseball game on par with games like Earl Weaver Baseball and FPS: Baseball. High Heat on the console just isn't the same. Not even close, really; also if you play High Heat even on the PC without the patches and tune adjustements it's just another game...and a buggy one at that. You really needed the extra stuff for it to shine.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 03-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
MLB 08 is the Next Gen best baseball game hands down.MVP 05 will always be great.The best old gen baseball games in no particular order would be Baseball Stars (NES) RBI Baseball ( NES) Baseball Stars II (NEO GEO) World Series Baseball II (Sega Saturn) World Series Baseball 95 Featuring Deion Sanders ( Sega 32 X )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
I almost forgot All Star Baseball 04 for (Gamecube,PS2 XBOX)
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: OS Roundtable: Most Enjoyable Baseball Game of All-Time

MVP 05 for xbox imo.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Bases Loaded 2 was one of the more fun games I've played. It had a Biorythym system that would tell you what players were hot and cold. I liked Bases Loaded 2 better than 3. Good article, honestly, if High Heat was that great of a game then a huge population would still be playing it, like MVP 2005. I remember playing one of the High Heats on PS1, it was a great game, but it was nothing earth shattering.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »