Home

MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype?

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype?

YES!!! It made me a convert at a price of $650.00.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Absolutely. After debating it for about a week, i went out and dropped 450 on the ps3 last sunday, got the demo and loved it, then took a half day off of work tuesday to go grab the show. Game is amazing, haven't had so much fun with a baseball game since mvp.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am loving this game! Just purchased a PS3 with The show and was amazed on how good this game is. I really think when you factor in the blu-ray player it is worth buying a PS3 for The Show. The game is that good!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #60
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
This game has lived up to more than the hype. Graphics, realism, gameplay,presentation,etc...for anyone on the fence just go read all the posts in the "The little things thread"!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm gonna say NO - this game did not live up to the hype. Visually it's a masterpiece but I am growing more and more dissapointed with the core gameplay. Quite frankly - I struggle to get any offense out of the CPU on HOF & Allstar (and trust me - I am really not good.) I swear I had more competative games in MLB07. Other than the HUGE graphic upgrade, i just don't see anything new this game brought to the table.

I don't think it's a great game...just a good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Other than the HUGE graphic upgrade, i just don't see anything new this game brought to the table.

I don't think it's a great game...just a good one.
Fair enough. When you say this though, are you comparing it to itself, or to all sports gaming/baseball gaming of the past?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #63
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophog
Fair enough. When you say this though, are you comparing it to itself, or to all sports gaming/baseball gaming of the past?
In my opinion(completely taking out that i went and got a PS3 AGAIN just for The Show)this game is polished aside for the collision detection. yes, theres no weather/cold/dynamic lighting/clouds/cloudy/overcast games and YES there is no rain BUT what IS there is great for this year.
The gameplay is tried and true. YES it's old fashioned YES it's button pressing YES it's timed YES it's basic and simple in principal BUT again it's polished. Nowehre else will you see a gamwe run like this that can just have you playing RIGHT AWAY.

i give it my highest regard because the devleoper took the time to get the game running smoothly AND have it running smoothly with such great graphical detail.

Player faces are great grass is great and the colors ARE the best I've ever seen in a sports game. IT looks photorealistic sometimes.

BUt "did it live up to the hype' well "the Hype" made me buya PS# gain, BUt playing the actual demo THEN game has made me relish in that hype and make that hype pure bliss
Old 03-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophog
I am comparing it to itself. In my opinion - the gameplay took a slight step back from last year. So while it is 2 steps forward with the visuals - it's one step back with the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »