Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #1745
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel3649
This game is better than 2K7 in almost all areas, but there are a few things that are bugging me.

The AI pitchers not throwing enough balls is iritating. I have all three throw strikes sliders at zero, and in the three games I have played since, Joba threw 81.6% strikes, John Patterson threw 77.2%, and Roy Oswalt threw 79.4%. Thats simply not enough balls. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is a lot of the BS strike calls that the umpires make.

My other main issue is that, again in my opinion, like last year, the computer has a great deal of difficulty scoring without hitting homeruns. I have raised the AI's batting skill, and contact sliders, while lowering their power. I want the computer to hit, singles, doubles, triples, and homeruns, I want them to string together hits in order to manufacture runs, and they simply can't, and believe me, it's not my brilliant pitching. In the three games I have played using BFJ's slider set, I have given up 22 hits, 7 of them homeruns, now 2 where on meatballs, ohh well my bad there, 5 where not. It's not the amount of homeruns that bothers me, I can lower the power slider more, but without those 7 hr's, the computer would have only scored 3 runs in three games. That's not enough runs that did not come by way of the hr. That raises a red flag to me.
Diesel, try these settings for AI Batting:

Skill: 75
Power: 60

Remember: Skill affects Hit Variety. Power affects how hard your hits are. Contact is about hitting the ball. Don't worry to much about about the CPU Power Slider, remember there is no more POWER SWING..

I'll be looking for your feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #1746
R**k**

Diesel3649's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Diesel, try these settings for AI Batting:

Skill: 75
Power: 60

Remember: Skill affects Hit Variety. Power affects how hard your hits are. Contact is about hitting the ball. Don't worry to much about about the CPU Power Slider, remember there is no more POWER SWING..

I'll be looking for your feedback
I will definetly try these, but I do have a question, if skill affects hit variety,and power affects how hard my hits are, and contact is about hitting the ball, with these settings wouldn't I get a better variety of hits, hit harder, but fewer of them?

Maybe I'm reading the sliders wrong, I want to see more hit variety, and more hits overall, but with fewer homeruns.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #1747
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeser12
Same here....only been able to work 1 walk in 4-5 games with all sliders at 0.
Out of curiosity, have you tried raising those sliders? I don't have the game, but in years of video gaming, I do seem to recall some instances where sliders did the opposite of what they were suppose to....or were other-wise "wacky".

It probably won't help, but might be worth a shot?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #1748
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel3649
I will definetly try these, but I do have a question, if skill affects hit variety,and power affects how hard my hits are, and contact is about hitting the ball, with these settings wouldn't I get a better variety of hits, hit harder, but fewer of them?

Maybe I'm reading the sliders wrong, I want to see more hit variety, and more hits overall, but with fewer homeruns.
I tried these VS the Dodgers & got killed. Mind you I use Total Control Pitching. Most of the Dodgers hits were all over the field. Furcal & Pierre were slapping the ball every where (7-13) Down the Line, Gappers & and singles. The only HR's I gave up were to Kent & Nomar. The hits all seemed very realistic
Old 03-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #1749
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Not saying this game is without its faults, but I just finished the most intense game I've played probably since MVP.

Minor league game, default settings, Mississippi Braves vs. Oklahoma Red Hawks. Still trying to get the hang of the pitching, really I'd been slaughtered going into this game.. somehow I held the CPU to one run going into the 9th, but I was still down 1-0. Top 9th, finally got a hold of one to tie it up. Goes to extras, I take a 2-1 lead in the 10th, they tie it up in the bottom half. The curser was jumping all over the place, I thought for sure I was gonna lose it there. I get nothing in the 11th, and work out of another jam in the bottom half. Goes to the 12th, I double leading off. Sacrifice, then a single, and I'm in the lead again 3-2. Bottom 12, leadoff single. Sacrificed to 2nd. Grounder to short, runner holds at 2nd, 2 away. This is it... base-hit to left, I come up gunning. Play at the plate, he's out! Game over, and I finally get my first win. Whew.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #1750
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosfan
Not saying this game is without its faults, but I just finished the most intense game I've played probably since MVP.

Minor league game, default settings, Mississippi Braves vs. Oklahoma Red Hawks. Still trying to get the hang of the pitching, really I'd been slaughtered going into this game.. somehow I held the CPU to one run going into the 9th, but I was still down 1-0. Top 9th, finally got a hold of one to tie it up. Goes to extras, I take a 2-1 lead in the 10th, they tie it up in the bottom half. The curser was jumping all over the place, I thought for sure I was gonna lose it there. I get nothing in the 11th, and work out of another jam in the bottom half. Goes to the 12th, I double leading off. Sacrifice, then a single, and I'm in the lead again 3-2. Bottom 12, leadoff single. Sacrificed to 2nd. Grounder to short, runner holds at 2nd, 2 away. This is it... base-hit to left, I come up gunning. Play at the plate, he's out! Game over, and I finally get my first win. Whew.
..and that's what gaming is all about, having fun! Sounded like a great game!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #1751
Banned

OVR: 5

Is it just me or are people starting to get into this game very heavily now, some even praising it. I think all the naysayers and negative comments were very premature and though I admit some problems, I think this game will prove to be a fine one. Anyone agree? Or Disagree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #1752

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

i agree i almost sold my xbox bc this game was so frustrating at first...sooooooooo glad i didnt do that now!!! this game is fun and amazing...just gotta remember to save during the game to just in case of a freeze

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »