Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #1713
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
At this point, regardless of what some people say, I think certain TV/home theater setups must have an effect on the game. The graphics are very good still and the frame rate was noticeable but overblown before the work around.

I have a hard time understanding how so many people are at one extreme or the other.
I still say it's that whole first impression's thing, we have become so jaded because a lot of us feel like the mighty dollar has become more important then putting out a good game for us to enjoy. Hopefully people will come back and give this game a 2nd look once it is patched
Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #1714
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to turn off all the meters, circles, flashing lights, ect and still use the new pitching system? If not, can the meters be turned off at all while using any other pitching methods still in the game?

I don't see why they continue to use all of these meters for pitching, throwing, ect. Why not allow us to rely on the animations of player models for timing? Assuming they fix the frame rate, this will be the main thing that stops me from buying the game.

MLB 2K team, take notes from the NBA 2K team.
If they just gave us an option to hide (not fade... hide) the pitching cursor and eliminated the meatball completely whilst making sliders for really tough pinpoint accuracy... that would make the pitching system we have very solid on its own.

I don't know how this was achieved in WSB 2K3 and they can't seem to do it these days.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #1715
Rookie

OVR: 6

You know as much attention the frame rate is getting, By far the small text is the biggest letdown of this game. My eyes are beginning to pain everytime I finish with the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #1716
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I like the game..the framerate issue is overblown. I dont understand the pitching at all. I'm missing and have no clue why. the tutorial is useless..and is it me? or can you not reposition the catcher or move the mitt?
The pitching is tough. Use the tutorial and try to pick up which motion is wrong. Also, if you want to reposition the catcher, move the ball icon to the pitch location you want and press the A button. The catcher will move and set up there. Also, if the pitching is too tough, adjust the total control pitch slider, it is more forgiving if you lower it.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #1717
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
I really am enjoying the game but I have a few questions/comments -

How do you turn off the ticker at the bottom of the screen?

Is there any way to turn on hot zones like MVP?

Is there any way to quickly see the pitch count besides going into the stats?

I wish there was a feature like MVP that showed all the pitches during thrown to a guy and there location.
1. The ticker seems to run if you are connected even when you try to turn it off
2. Hot zones you need to buy the scouting reports (it's stupid, I wish they would just give them to you).
3. Press right or left on the d pad and you'll scroll through pitcher and batter stats including # of balls and strikes and total pitch count
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #1718
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey, I have been changing all the name and whatnot to prep up my franchise, and I have played an exhibition game already and I am in the middle of my 1st franchise game, and I am loving it, trying to find a good setting in between Pro and All Star, so far, in the bottom of the 5th inning I am losing 4-2 to Washington.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #1719
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

would like to see (next year) if you don't release the ball right when pitching it is a ball instead of a meat pitch. Or make it a meat pitch say 10% of the time and the rest it's a ball or wild pitch.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #1720
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
would like to see (next year) if you don't release the ball right when pitching it is a ball instead of a meat pitch. Or make it a meat pitch say 10% of the time and the rest it's a ball or wild pitch.
I was looking at this and I think if you're gesture is awful but your timing is right you throw a ball that misses the zone badly. If you have a perfect gesture but bad timing it'll be a meatball.

Doesn't solve anything, but good info to know.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »