Home

MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype?

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #49
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MLB: The Show, Living up to the Hype?

this is my first year playing the show. i figured about a little over a week ago, "let me try this demo."

WELL HOT DAMN! THIS IS THE BEST BASEBALL GAME I EVER PLAYED!!! I MUST HAVE THIS!!!

so i went and bought it early and i have not been dissappointed. easily the best baseball game ever made and tied with NBA 2K8 for the best sports representation and best sports game periiod.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 03-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Im in love with all-star difficulty, i started a 15 game rivalry series between the Giants and Dodgers(me). First game at L.A. Giants get a 4-0 lead on me going into the 8th, Messenger up to pitch for the Giants and he walks the first two batters(Furcal, Martin), Jones comes up to bat and hits one to deep right field and brings in Furcal and Martin to make it a 4-2 game going into the 9th. Bottom of the 9th Kent and Loney on base with Matt Kemp up to bat against Brian Wilson...2-2 count Wilson throws a fast ball to lower right corner and BAM! Nate Schierholtz has a chance to rob one but NO WALK OFF HOME RUN!!! it was sick! the cut scenes are perfect!

Game 2 not so good...in S.F. i simply dominate with Lowe going 7 innings with a no hitter until horrible defense broke it. Bottom of the 9th its 4-4 and Saito takes it to extra innings, the game goes all the way to the 16th inning where Proctor ends up walking the first two batters for the Giants...up comes Durham and hits one to center field to take the win for the Giants and the crowd went NUTS!.

This game is hectic, i cant wait to get home and get some revenge for this horrible loss.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1
My version keeps freezing after hitting start - haven't been able to play. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #52
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
You know, I told my wife I was going to trade in my 360 for a PS3 (she told me no way...don't trade the 360 in, just buy a PS3) and the Show if 2K8 was a dud...unfortunately I am really enjoying 2K8 and can't justify getting a PS3 just for The Show when I am enjoying 2K8(sort of a funny catch-22, eh?). I'll probably end up buying a PS3 at some point, but it's really hard to justify $500+ on one game when I have another baseball game I am loving. Having a Blu-Ray player goes a long way to justifying it...right?
that's how i did it, talked my wife into it by throwing in the blu-ray factor, and now i'm enjoying the show and rock band on the ps3

Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
You know, I told my wife I was going to trade in my 360 for a PS3 (she told me no way...don't trade the 360 in, just buy a PS3) and the Show if 2K8 was a dud...unfortunately I am really enjoying 2K8 and can't justify getting a PS3 just for The Show when I am enjoying 2K8(sort of a funny catch-22, eh?). I'll probably end up buying a PS3 at some point, but it's really hard to justify $500+ on one game when I have another baseball game I am loving. Having a Blu-Ray player goes a long way to justifying it...right?
I bought a PS3 just for Show 08...totally worth $460+, and the Blu-Ray player is just WOW.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdirish09
My version keeps freezing after hitting start - haven't been able to play. Any suggestions?
Delete the game install, and re-install the game, your file is corrupted
Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Totally agree.

Not to mention, I am totally addicted to the RTTS mode as well. MOM is awesome, and with in game saves now, just makes it all the better.

I was a die hard High Heater, this game has all the goodness of High Heat, but with all the added unbelievable presentation and graphics stuff to go along with it.

This is the game I have been waiting for, for longer than I care to say.

And can you imagine how much better next year's game will be given the fact that they will actually have a full year to develop it? Remember, this year's game was produced in a short development cycle because '07 released so late.

Its a good feeling to know that you are playing the best baseball game ever and quite possibly the best sports game ever and know that its only going to get better.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-06-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes its worth it. blu ray alone is 400 bucks . you get 2 for 1.A great video game system and blu ray.Plus, it gives you more freedom on what games are available to you.The show is awesome by the way. Best sport title ever , in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »