Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #1585
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Is anyone else having trouble turning double plays using Analog Throwing. I just can't get that throw to 2nd..
I've turned 2 and been broken up once in my 2 full games. They do seem tough, but so far, I just love that element.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #1586
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
I went back to the classic. I am getting a realistic amount of hits, runs, and homers. Pretty much the swing stick 2.0 but simpler to use.
I did the same thing. I was struggling with my timing so I switched to classic and my batting seems just right as far as hits, runs and homers. I don't know if I'll stay forever, but it's good while I work on mastering my pitching and fielding which I'm using analog for.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #1587
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Is anyone else having trouble turning double plays using Analog Throwing. I just can't get that throw to 2nd..
I just had the same thing happen to me..****nners at the corners...bottom 9...tied with one out...perfect double play ball to short...was the perfect distance for an underhand flip to the second baseman and instead he just stands there with the ball...the second baseman was standing there too...instead I was supposed to know to run over and touch the bag while running into my second baseman...pretty crappy way for a game to end...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #1588
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I've heard comments that once the swing stick timing is down, people are really mashing the ball. Is anyone playing with classic, one button swings?

And if so.. how are the results so far?
The game seems to give pretty big bonuses for nailing the step portion of the swing this year.

I switch to classic. I find the whole idea of the swing stick to be rather wonky myself. I don't see where the benefit is, personally, and it certainly doesn't add anything to the experience for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #1589
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum
I did the same thing. I was struggling with my timing so I switched to classic and my batting seems just right as far as hits, runs and homers. I don't know if I'll stay forever, but it's good while I work on mastering my pitching and fielding which I'm using analog for.
I have a question about classic swing... is it 1-button, or Contact/Power swings?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #1590
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Classic hitting is definitely going to be the way to go. The swing stick is much improved this year but you can still make contact with way too many pitches. On classic you'll miss a realistic amount of pitches.

I started playing this game on All-Star with a few tweaks and you can really see that they redesigned the CPU pitching. The computer pounds the ball into the lower part of the strike zone, you have to be very patient or you'll hit a lot of ground balls and pop outs.

I'm playing a seven-game series against Boston. I haven't scored a run in the first two games and have a total of four hits so far. Maybe my adjustments are too hard right now, we'll see. But once Boston brought in Timlin I had a double, and two ropes that were unfortunately right at their OF's.

Nice to see there are no more high change up's etc that were constant in 2K7.

Once again, the more I play this game and the more I see I'm really digging it and noticing all the improvements 2K made.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #1591
Pro

OVR: 8

I played the PS3 version for an hour or so last night, and I thought the graphics were really bad, especially at night. Does the game look better on 360?

If the stuttering fix works for everyone, I'll go back and pick it up for the 360. I took my PS3 version back to the store and badgered my way into a refund. Too ugly, too choppy. The pitching seems like it could be fun once you get a handle on it.

My main impression is that it's staggering how much better the 360 version of 2K7 looks than the PS3 2K8. Horrible textures and the lighting is too dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #1592
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Classic hitting is definitely going to be the way to go. The swing stick is much improved this year but you can still make contact with way too many pitches. On classic you'll miss a realistic amount of pitches.

I started playing this game on All-Star with a few tweaks and you can really see that they redesigned the CPU pitching. The computer pounds the ball into the lower part of the strike zone, you have to be very patient or you'll hit a lot of ground balls and pop outs.

I'm playing a seven-game series against Boston. I haven't scored a run in the first two games and have a total of four hits so far. Maybe my adjustments are too hard right now, we'll see. But once Boston brought in Timlin I had a double, and two ropes that were unfortunately right at their OF's.

Nice to see there are no more high change up's etc that were constant in 2K7.

Once again, the more I play this game and the more I see I'm really digging it and noticing all the improvements 2K made.
Hey, get those sliders out soon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »