Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #1553
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Well I played 3 innings of exhibition ball and well...I can't do this pitching properly. Even after working on it in the tutorial I still suck the big one. I think i'll stick to the old pitching interface. Luckily this year's version of the game has made it harder so i'm still getting pummelled.

I have a question though, how do I get my OFers to run faster? Other then that this is a fantastic game and i'll be diving into franchise sooner or later.

Oh and while I suck at the swing stick i'm willing to give that a chance as i'm getting contact on the ball and such.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #1554
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I have been playing with the Assisted Fielding and it's basically Auto fielding from MVP. The CPU controls the player until they get the ball, and then you control the throw. I have always liked to play like this since it takes the player's defensive ratings more into account than my stick skills.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #1555
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I have been playing with the Assisted Fielding and it's basically Auto fielding from MVP. The CPU controls the player until they get the ball, and then you control the throw. I have always liked to play like this since it takes the player's defensive ratings more into account than my stick skills.
Well looks like that's what i'm going to have to use

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #1556
MVP

OVR: 12

Is it safe to say that the demo is somewhat close to the retail version, or way different?

I'm d/ling the demo right now as we speak.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #1557
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
The more I play the more I'm loving this game. I hate using Matsuzaka though adds like 15-20 minutes to a game. He's nasty though.
Strange thing I noticed is that I find guys w. the slow windups like Wang and Dice-K easier to pitch with for some reason. No idea why, maybe it forces you to not rush through the gestures.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #1558
Banned

Pierzynski 12's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMiami
No. But any objective baseball fan will tell you The Show is resembles a baseball game... the same can't be said for MLB 2k8.
Um, if you haven't noticed The Show has a separate forum for a reason.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #1559
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGaminMachine476
Is it safe to say that the demo is somewhat close to the retail version, or way different?

I'm d/ling the demo right now as we speak.

Is the demo out for both systems!?!!?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #1560
Rookie

Lerxt's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
Any game is “PLAYABLE” the word playable is relative to the person making the statement so what I say is unplayable is specific to me. I think this game is being looked at in a couple different ways. First you have people who have multiple consoles and options when it comes to their baseball fix. That being said anyone playing Sony’s baseball game won’t wast more than 30 minutes on this game. Then you have guys who it seems to me are the eternal optomists and will forgive a company even if they wrapped a piece of doo doo in a box and sold it. I know one thing if EA would have put anything out like this I’d almost guarantee that there would be a far more drastic public outcry of gamers claiming EA wronged them and are greedy, neglectful developers.
fficeffice" />>>
What 2K did IMO is inexcusable…The framerate is terrible and IMO not playable. I didn’t buy a next gen console to experience games that are the visual and gameplay quality of a game that was on Ps2 or Xbox.. One look at the grass tesxtures and overall ambience of the game is a complete turn off for anyone who even cares about visuals in the least bit.
>>
Anyone who encourages someone to buy this game is IMO irresponsible or just doesn’t care about the quality of sports games. If you like the game that’s fine and I can respect anyone who enjoys this sort of game..But to promote anyone buying it with a straight face is quite laughable. 2K tried to do some innovative things but at the end of the day they are failed. The basic nuts and bolts of the game are horrible. The pitching is needlessly difficult and moreover each missed pitch results in a homerun???...I just don’t get that…I don’t mind innovation and something new but this was something that IMO that was simply implemented poorly.
>>
I’m still confused on how a game can look so bad but at the very least not play a smooth 60 fps???...What the heck did they do for a year on this game?
Man, you can't respect someone's opinion and then say it's laughable in the very next sentence. That just doesn't make any sense...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »