Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #1361
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Does the fact that we dont have sliders for online leagues not bother anyone else besides myself?
I heard that. It bothers me just because I think it should be in it, but I don't really play online leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #1362
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
I tried playing the game without the HDD and it is indeed smooth! I then created a profile on my memory card and loaded the game up, setup everything the way a like it and had the game save my VIP to my memory card. Well... the frame rate problem returned. I think there may be a problem with the VIP system in the game. I know it tracks and saves quite a few stats in the game. Perhaps this is affecting the frame rate? I know with no profile the game is smooth. With a profile, it's very choppy. If this is indeed the problem, it sounds like a patch could easily fix this. I think the game is pretty good. But it could be better.
Bubba4
I would try what BigfnJoe did and go to your Presentation options and turn off Inning Highlights, Player Highlights i think those 2 should bring down your framerate problem even take off cutscenes and see if that helps the framerate problem.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #1363
Rookie

OVR: 2

2k6 crashed because of the harddrive and they patched that. its not out of the realm of possibility its patched because as has been said its a HDD issue...

im not holding my breath though.

but i will say after getting over some of its deficiencies and playing some more games, the gameplay has won me over a bit. its fun.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #1364
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
I would try what BigfnJoe did and go to your Presentation options and turn off Inning Highlights, Player Highlights i think those 2 should bring down your framerate problem even take off cutscenes and see if that helps the framerate problem.
I did in fact turn off everything in the Presentation section, and when my HDD is attached with profile loaded, the game is not smooth. Playing the game without the HDD and no profile loaded give a pretty smooth display. This is the only way I can tell this game is running a 60 fps. All other times the fps feels anywhere from 25 to 35. Not smooth at all. The VIP may be the culprit here.

Last edited by bubba4; 03-05-2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: For clarity.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #1365
Rookie

ghostrider76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
You on the ps3 or 360?
Did you put the whole song or did you cut it?
Thanks for the impressions, one of the features I'm looking forward too.

What about stadium sounds?
On the 360. I have whole songs on my hard drive, for batter walkups it plays the first 10-15 seconds. Unfortunately a specific batter walkup plays home AND away.

I definitely need to make a generic walkup playlist for all teams, I can't stand hearing Cleveland Rocks every other batter! I don't know what possessed them to put the song in (no offense Clevelanders!)

After 3 games, the games not bad but not great either. I'll give it a few weeks of playtime before deciding to continue on with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #1366
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider76
On the 360. I have whole songs on my hard drive, for batter walkups it plays the first 10-15 seconds. Unfortunately a specific batter walkup plays home AND away.

I definitely need to make a generic walkup playlist for all teams, I can't stand hearing Cleveland Rocks every other batter! I don't know what possessed them to put the song in (no offense Clevelanders!)

After 3 games, the games not bad but not great either. I'll give it a few weeks of playtime before deciding to continue on with it.
That is terrible, that was one of the features I was looking forward to
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #1367
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
Ok, guys. I picked it it up for the PS3 this evening since they had a used one at Gamestop...

I think that the PS3 accidentally got burned from the Wii version. This game hurts to look at... It's beyond atrocious.

That's all I have to say. I really feel for anyone that purchased this as a new game.

Good luck!
Wow-not good-thanks for the heads up. They already have a used one at Gamestop or did they sell the house disc to you as used?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #1368
Rookie

Few more things I have noticed:

1. User batting contact or step influence slider needs to be lowered. I think you can make contact with way too many pitches. This could also be due to the fact that the cpu doesn't throw enough balls out of the zone. If that is the case, then cpu throw strikes slider needs to be lowered as well.

2. Would like to see more foul balls (sliders can fix this as well).

3. Wow, the diving/fielding is so much better. Had to say it again. Haha.

4. I tried turning GM goals on in a quick Rays Franchise, and one of the goals was to release David Price (the young, super stud, top prospect pitcher for the devil rays (he has an 88 potential rating and he's 23)). I laughed and vowed to never turn on GM goals again. Other than that, the Franchise mode looks fantastic. Great, realistic stats (a working sim engine?), and no unrealistic trades (however, there were ALOT of minor league trades for some reason). The lineup problem from last year looks to be fixed as well.

This game keeps on impressing me. Can't wait for a good slider set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »