Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #1345
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Well I went out to get this game on PS3 & IMO its pretty good. The framerate that people have been talking about is not as bad on my TV, I can see it on some cutscenes, very obvious at times but very minimal on the field. Just out of curiousty I switched to 720p but it ran the same for me. I rock a 40" Samsung HDTV.

Anyways, the game has really good hit variety. Pitching is alot of fun & it feels really rewarding when you strike someone out. I still have to get a hang of hitting as I'm not that good at it yet. :P I threw a decent amount of meatballs at first but none left the yard, actually alot went out of the strike zone which makes me happy.

Atmosphere is pretty good so far, people cheer at the right time most of the time which is good.

This my impression after 2 games. Hopefully it continues to be fun.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #1346
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

wow man........
Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #1347
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Well I went out to get this game on PS3 & IMO its pretty good. The framerate that people have been talking about is not as bad on my TV, I can see it on some cutscenes, very obvious at times but very minimal on the field. Just out of curiousty I switched to 720p but it ran the same for me. I rock a 40" Samsung HDTV.

Anyways, the game has really good hit variety. Pitching is alot of fun & it feels really rewarding when you strike someone out. I still have to get a hang of hitting as I'm not that good at it yet. :P I threw a decent amount of meatballs at first but none left the yard, actually alot went out of the strike zone which makes me happy.

Atmosphere is pretty good so far, people cheer at the right time most of the time which is good.

This my impression after 2 games. Hopefully it continues to be fun.
What gig man? 40/60/80
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #1348
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
Ok, guys. I picked it it up for the PS3 this evening since they had a used one at Gamestop...

I think that the PS3 accidentally got burned from the Wii version. This game hurts to look at... It's beyond atrocious.

That's all I have to say. I really feel for anyone that purchased this as a new game.

Good luck!
What you pay for it used?.. $54.99 vs $59.00 wow! a five dollar savings!!!..jesus!!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #1349
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Just played another game.

I helped mitigate some of my framerate issues by turning off Ball Trail (Which I hate anyway) and switching to Ariel View. I have really started to love that view on the defensive end. Really get a good feel for the ballpark, espcially on flyballs to the outfield. Framerate still lags at times, but it's managable at this point.

Really starting to dig all the analog controls. Just a lot of fun. Hitting is really rewarding when you turn on an inside fastball down the line. No complaints there.

Game is really fun. I don't think it's from a pure baseball simulation standpoint it's on par with The Show, but the game is fun.

The more I play the more I have fun with it. Again, don't see it being my primary baseball game, although you never know, but it is a good game, and I am having more fun with it, the more I start to grasp the nuances of the controls.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #1350
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by modog123
I did, sadly enough. The difference is really night and day. If you think the 360 has framerate problems, you should try the PS3. It was basically unplayable for me.

Imagine that.........

Thanks for the insight. We really need 2 separate threads for these games as nearly every game anymore plays better/differently on one system than the other.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #1351
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
What you pay for it used?.. $54.99 vs $59.00 wow! a five dollar savings!!!..jesus!!
I bought it used because you have 7 days to return it for full credit if you don't like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #1352
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSheppard
got to agree about brinkman. no credibility with me anymore. which he did have 24 hours ago.
what a sad time

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »