Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #1321
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierzynski 12
Go play The Show then, bud.

That's what alot of people keep harping on.
Damn dude, do you ever QUIT??? I sat here & read a couple nice impressions of the game & then you gotta ****it up...damn that gets old!

He's just stating an opinion...thats it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #1322
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Mods, you should make a separate "ps3 impressions" section for this game. I'm hearin and readin alot of 360 cache stuff and it's just leaves me to believe the ps3 version isn't good
Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #1323
All Star

OVR: 21

Can some one explain to me how to send people up and down in the farm system? because I can't send anyone down with out being over the roster limit.

If you like debating sports with your friends, or talk sports at a local bar whatever...this is all that wrapped into one. This is Urban Sports Talk

www.thehotspotshow.com
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-ducross-brothers
Old 03-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #1324
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
Mods, you should make a separate "ps3 impressions" section for this game. I'm hearin and readin alot of 360 cache stuff and it's just leaves me to believe the ps3 version isn't good
I agree, how hard is it to make a PS3 impressions thread. I have to scroll through pages of 360 impressions when I just want to know how does it play on the PS3? and get PS3 specific impressions.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #1325
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

PS3 Qs, Are yall gettin' the frt drop w/ the 40, 60, and 80? i see where some are not havin' problems...i just don't know which one of the afore mentioned. thanks

How's the HR Derby fellaz?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #1326
Banned

OVR: 60

Can anyone try the classic pitching and classic batting?

Last year there was a slight delay from the time you pressed the swing button and the batter swung. Has that been tightened up.

Not interested in the new system and would like to hear from someone on this.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #1327
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, my choice was limited to this since I only have an xbox 360, and I thought I'd give my impressions

This is my first baseball game playing in HD. Graphically it's a nice step up from the graphics I'm used to from the xbox series of baseball games. However, there are somethings that need to be worked on, mainly the field. It just looks like mesh, it looks like someone just spread a can of green paint across the field, it doesn't look right. Player animation is spot on. I did a double player where my shortstop threw the ball behind his back to the 2nd baseman and got the guy out before throwing the ball to 1st while in mid air. I didn't notice it at first, but after seeing the instant replay I couldn't believe what I just saw. I love it when it's windy, you can see the wind ruffle the players jersey and see the flags blow in the background. Wind also plays in the ball projectory, so that's cool. The Aerial camera mode is nice, and it also reduces the framerate issue which I will get into later. The sound effects sound nice to me, however the crowd needs to be worked on, they don't really react to big plays much.

As far as presentation goes, it does a fine job, I think the Show does it better. It feels like a baseball game and plays like it, so that's always good :P

As far as gameplay goes. I've played one full game and messed around with a few innings to get familiar with the controls. It's not something you can just jump into and play. It's has a learning curve, especially if you haven't played the series in a few years. Once you get the pitching controls down, the game really shines. Striking out batters is something you now earn, it's much more difficult. Batting is a work in progress for me, I'm able to hit, but I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing, and how I'm doing it. In my only full game I was playing as the Mets and beat the Royals 9-3. Even though I scored 9pts I'm not comfortable with the batting game.

I played on rookie, so I can't give you an accurate count on the AI, right now my priorities is to get used to the controls.

Now the framerate issue. It's there, it's not too bad, it's mainly evident in cutscenes, and sometimes during flyballs. However by switching to the aerial camera mode that greatly reduced that. I wouldn't let the framerate issue stop people from buying it, it doesn't really affect the game. I think it happens most when it's trying to load up replays, I think it's trying to access data, and with everything going on, it can't handle processing it.

Anyways, I'm gonna play another game, I had a blast my first game, and hopefully I'll get better
Old 03-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #1328
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

When pitching what do I need to control to not put so much effort into the pitch? My pitchers are wearing out a bit too fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »