Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #905
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Besides the framerate is the game fun. Meaning that it plays well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #906
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Impressions Part 2

Ok, switching to the aerial cam seems to have really helped the framerate for me. I also have the ticker off and ball trails off. (Thanks for finding this!!!)

You can change pichers and lineups for the CPU controlled teams, not sure if it was like that last year?

Just had a REALLY enjoyable game at home vs Cleveland. I LOVE PITCHING, best EVER in a game so far. I have maybe seen a few meatballs, but alot of mistake pitches have been high or outside...

The fields seem so much better on aerial view as well. You can REALLY tell who's running the basepaths as I hit one in the gap with Ankiel and he legged out a triple.. the ball was thrown offline and I slid in just under the tag.. VERY cool hit and run.

Base coaches have helmets (just for those who want to know)

Did I say I LOVE THE PITCHING in this game, feels very fluid once you get it down and you don't always put it where you want to.

Love the throwing meter now for pickoffs

Hit variety is worth the price of the game for me so far. Tons of hits all over the place and plenty of foul balls.

Hitting seems much better, but not as fluid as The Show. Again, MUCH better than last year.

Playing on Pro right now and the CPU throws mostly strikes... although I'm walking batters.

I'm slowly moving towards disappointed to happy. Really wish the game was buttery smooth though.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #907
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
the hitting system is definitely better than last years...a definite upgrade.
you can definitely feel it when you get on top of a ball or when you pull it or go the other way, i even grined a bit when i made contact and knew immidiately as soon as the ball left the bat that it was a grounder(chopper) because of how it felt during contact.(very nice)
you feel in complete control of where the ball is hit to.
i haven't tried to check swing or bunt so i can't answer that.

i am also not experiencing any framerate issues...not saying they don't exist, just that i have not had any....strange
sharp aquos running in 720p

so far right out of the box the game plays a very good game of baseball, and once i make a few adjustments this game will play a great game of baseball......welcome back 2k basball.

Sounds great!!!

I have the same kind of T.V as you, so I hope 2k8 will play smooth for me too!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #908
Rookie

OVR: 1

i got The Show, and i got 2k8 (on 360). The Show absolutely blows the 2k game out of the water. no comparison. the frame rate issues in 2k8 are brutal.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #909
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Impressions Part 2

Ok, switching to the aerial cam seems to have really helped the framerate for me. I also have the ticker off and ball trails off. (Thanks for finding this!!!)

You can change pichers and lineups for the CPU controlled teams, not sure if it was like that last year?

Just had a REALLY enjoyable game at home vs Cleveland. I LOVE PITCHING, best EVER in a game so far. I have maybe seen a few meatballs, but alot of mistake pitches have been high or outside...

The fields seem so much better on aerial view as well. You can REALLY tell who's running the basepaths as I hit one in the gap with Ankiel and he legged out a triple.. the ball was thrown offline and I slid in just under the tag.. VERY cool hit and run.

Base coaches have helmets (just for those who want to know)

Did I say I LOVE THE PITCHING in this game, feels very fluid once you get it down and you don't always put it where you want to.

Love the throwing meter now for pickoffs

Hit variety is worth the price of the game for me so far. Tons of hits all over the place and plenty of foul balls.

Hitting seems much better, but not as fluid as The Show. Again, MUCH better than last year.

Playing on Pro right now and the CPU throws mostly strikes... although I'm walking batters.

I'm slowly moving towards disappointed to happy. Really wish the game was buttery smooth though.
How is the swing animation?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #910
MVP

OVR: 13

Guys! All this malarkey about framerate issues please don't forget what's really important....

Don't forget to order your free Jose Reyes bobblehead dolls! (while supplies last)
Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #911
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Ok, after playing both versions....as much as it pains me to say( lol ) I have to say that the 360 version to me, plays better. There is still some stuttering and slowdown, but not like I experienced on the PS3. I played the exact teams...Cubs vs Red Sox at Wrigley during the day....and while it did stutter some, not like the PS3 version

On the graphics side I couldnt tell a difference, they looked almost identical, including textures, colors and player models....

I am happy I bought the game, I hit a double in the gap off of JBeck and it felt so good, and there happened to be no stuttering or framedrop, and it looked awesome. You can tell, at least to me, that when the game runs smoothly, it is a beatiful game of baseball...not saying its perfect, but much better than last year..IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #912
Rookie

OVR: 3

so is there like a homerun in almost every at bat or is it more realistic

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »