Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #729
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Only seen one person mention it, but is there finally a realistic number of fouls?

That was a major issue for me in 2k7: I would whiff and miss at balls too much, when in real-life most would just be fouled off. Sometimes my bat would go THROUGH the ball, which really pissed me off.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #730
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamstrick
Damn, no baseball game can be played online this year. What a shame . . .
Baseball games have unfortunately always been a bit sketchy online. I had high-hopes for this year though due to the "Strikes Only" lobby, but awful lag... worthless.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #731
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

i played another game. id have to say that gameplay is alot better than last year. without doing anything with sliders,etc it plays a decent game. with that being said i have to say that for those of you who want to overlook the framerate issue heres my problem with it. I am and was a fan of HH and MVP on the PC. both of those games had framerate issues, at least in the first months after release they did. the x factor was immersion int the game. the mods that made the stadiums real etc, combined with the good gameplay made up for all deficiancies. On a real note this game isnt immersive the slightest bit, throw in the game hicc uping after every camera change, batter coming into the box, game freezes for a second, stutters on throws and hits, then freezes for a second before starting the replay then it stutters through replay. then u pause the game and hear them reading the same email from fans last year. "joe, what is a knuckleball". as a fan of gamplay first and foremost, i gotta say that i at least need to feel like im experiencing something new. and for gods sake they took the orange seats out of shea now its a sea of wonderful bland grey. except when they show the "fan cam" the fans are somehow sitting in orange seats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #732
Banned

OVR: 9

Thank god I preordered it, now I am going to wait and get all of your guys impressions and maybe wait for the demo, if their ever is one. So I think I am going to wait. I have a 36in HD and if it lags at 1080I, I ain't buying it. Can anyone tell me about the presentation. meaning CROWDS. Do they boo etc.....
Old 03-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #733
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

It cracks me up to hear all the fuss about too many HRs after hitting too many in a game or two. One or two (or five or ten, you get the point) is far too small of a sample size to make a determination. Still, chances are that there probably are too many dingers out of the box. That's why there are sliders to adjust and difficulty levels...

It will always seem like the CPU scores the majority of their runs on homers so long as the user never walks CPU batters. If the new pitching system causes us to issue free passes at a reasonable rate, that would be an extra three or four baserunners per game with which we would have to deal (nice grammar, huh?). Then some of those singles and doubles might actually drive in a run or two.

Not trying to be preachy, just attempting to kill time until the wife gets home with my copy after work...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #734
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Baseball games have unfortunately always been a bit sketchy online. I had high-hopes for this year though due to the "Strikes Only" lobby, but awful lag... worthless.
I hear 'ya. So much for a league that I joined. Thanks for the info . . .
Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #735
Banned

OVR: 3

sdtv..i just picked it up im watching demo mode..im eating..so i cant play..y is every1 crying about the framerate...its NOT BAD AT ALL...when its in the infield..its a lil annoying..everything esle is smooooth! still looks gr8!! loved what i saw hr derby now..so i can hit a bit...bat sounds arent bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #736
Rookie

OVR: 2

How is the swing stick? I always wanted to bat with the swing stick but did not enjoy it in 2k7. Did they improve it alot ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »