Home

MLB 2K8: Diary of a Giant Turnaround, Part 2

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8: Diary of a Giant Turnaround, Part 2 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #25
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gametap: MLB 2K8: Diary of a Giant Turnaround, Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
still looking very forward to 2K8 even as I bought the show yesterday, I will buy next week when it comes out, I wish I could have found this early too.
It would have at least been nice to play a demo this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 2k8 Franchise Diary part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
IF Manny is winning your HR king of the year, u need to do some serious editing in rosters, he's in decline, not big time but he'll never have the most HR's in a season EVER
Ya, but basically everyone of his homers is MAMMOTH. What his homers now lack in quantity, they make up for in quality!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #27
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gametap: MLB 2K8: Diary of a Giant Turnaround, Part 2

Hmm it's odd, I didn't think the trades were as off as they have been in previous years/examples. First thing to keep in mind is that the players the Giants are trading, while decrepit in real life are not so in the game. The game's AI shouldn't make decisions off of real life, it should make them within the context of the game, and all those players have been rated pretty decently the last few years.

Secondly, we don't know the whole situation between the trades. Sabathia in a walk year + two cheap guys for the three Giants is in a walk year, is probably the worst in my opinion. The Joba trade, while particularly scary on the surface makes much more sense with his explanation that Damon and Cano are out and the Yankees arn't doing that well. Just a quick search finds a list of young players the Yankees traded away from 1997 to 2005. (http://www.newpartisan.com/home/the-...aded-away.html) Is it really that out of line that if the Yankees were going to flirt with missing the playoffs would make such a trade?

It seems to me that the major problem with the trades in the write up isn't the trade AI per se, it's the horrible roster ratings that ruin a reasonable measure of the AI itself.

BTW, loved the write up itself, sounds like great fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »