Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #33
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Screenshots - The Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMo
I can tell right now graphically this look like a minor upgrade from MVP.
WTH? Because of non-HD screens? I have never seen so many people bashing a game over crappy res screens and vids. Unreal.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't see how some of you guys can have fun with the game being so critical. This game has a ton of new signature stances, new right stick gameplay mechanics, 90 minor league teams, new user interface, possibly custom music, more camera angles, etc. Damn, I don't get it. OK, some of the parks need to be updated a little, but they look beautiful. If you took all of the signage and logos off those screenshots, you still would know every stadium. Instead of putting a fresh coat of paint on a broken product, they're actually trying to fix the broken product, but some of you guys are still worrying about the paint.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've mentioned this before- last year the stadiums looked a little "off" in all the beta footage, only to see that some were fixed for the final version. I know for sure that the Fenway .406 club as fixed in the final build last year, whereas it wasn't in the beta/ demo footage.
So what I'm saying is don't judge the book by the beta cover... lets all wait for the final version. I'm not saying they'll all be perfect, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with a few treats!
I sure hope so!

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #36
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

Right off the bat -- that's the wrong NY logo behind home plate at Yankee Stadium.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I don't see how some of you guys can have fun with the game being so critical. This game has a ton of new signature stances, new right stick gameplay mechanics, 90 minor league teams, new user interface, possibly custom music, more camera angles, etc. Damn, I don't get it. OK, some of the parks need to be updated a little, but they look beautiful. If you took all of the signage and logos off those screenshots, you still would know every stadium. Instead of putting a fresh coat of paint on a broken product, they're actually trying to fix the broken product, but some of you guys are still worrying about the paint.
- it baffles my mind too...sometimes I think i'm the only person on the internet that actually sees no problem with the game from anything I've seen.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvaswan1103
Dodger Stadium: Outfield wall color is wrong (why is is GREEN ?!), missing flags in center. Big gigantic speaker in center is missing. Bullpen walls are incorrect. "Think Blue" sign is not visible in background. Retired numbers in outfield roof not there. Outfield # markers for feet is not there (380, 395 , etc). Moutains in back incorrect and the parking lot is 100% wrong (not a big deal for those). Baseline seats are incorrect.
The "Think Blue" sign is there. You gotta look close. It's right under "pitching tutorial" in the menu. The menu almost shades it out. I see the 2 flag poles in center also. I think the flages are just laying flat because of no wind, or we are just facing the edges dead-on.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
- it baffles my mind too...sometimes I think i'm the only person on the internet that actually sees no problem with the game from anything I've seen.
You definitely are not the only one. I'm so anxious about this game it's making me sick. I can't stay away from the computer for 15 minutes, just to see if something has been updated. Another thing is I can't leave the house. I tracked my xbox360 and it's on a FedEX truck in town and will be delivered today (3 red lights). Perfect timing huh?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 9

As long as the gameplay is fun, they could be playing in a sand lot for all I care. I just want to play some baseball!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »