Home

Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8

This is a discussion on Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
He might as well have called him "Mark".
... ...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdtex
Matt,

Why would you write an article about features that everyone on this site already knows about. You are dealing with an audience that knows nearly every facet of the game already. Give us some specifics about the game or don't write about anything at all. It's a nice idea to have a regular feature, however, you should consider whether or not your article adds to what has already been a lengthy conversation on OS.

Change is great, but please don't just pile on to the ever mounting pile of poor PR that is the game industry.

Also, if you want to see a great article concerning this game then you need to check out Jeff Robinson at Gametap. I understand you have a theme of "Three point Thursdays" which is great, I guess, but you need to bring the originality man.

Ciao
Why would your write a long post of nothing but crying, something OS already knows about. You are dealing with an audience that has heard every complaint possible. It's a nice idea to whine about free info, however, you should consider whether or not your crying adds to what has already been a lengthy cry session on OS.

Change is great but please don't just pile onto the ever mounting pile of whining on a message board.

Also, if you want to see something great, check out Blzer's swing video clip. I understand you have a theme of "crying when you don't get something you want", which is great, I guess, but you need to bring some originality when you whine on OS
Old 02-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Also, if you want to see something great, check out Blzer's swing video clip.
I mean you can't say I wasn't heard.

Me

MLB 2K6

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
The analog pitching and throwing controls sound similar to what was used in the NCAA MVP series. How do they compare?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
The analog pitching and throwing controls sound similar to what was used in the NCAA MVP series. How do they compare?
Analog throwing is probably a direct rip. Maybe a different overhead graphic and some subtle differences in coding, but the exact same idea.

Pitching is quite different. In fact, pitching in MLB 2K8 is much closer to MLB 2K7 than MVP NCAA Baseball. Think of the same ol' "hold as it grows for more effort, then time your execution properly as the reticule shrinks for maximum accuracy." The main difference here is how the pitch is executed, however. You've seen what it looks like I assume, so basically each pitch has its unique "windup" and "wrist snap". This is not the case in MVP. In MVP, you do your pull back with the right stick, and based on how far inside/outside you're pitching it will determine how far to the left or right you'll launch that right stick forward. The interface sort of looks like a curved trapezoid, getting fatter at the top (where you locate). In MLB 2K8, you also have full control of where you're attempting to locate in both height and width (?), and your execution should be the same every time depending on what pitch you throw.

I don't really know if that made sense. I guess we can just look at the gameplay videos of both games and compare.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »