Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #249
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Quick, head over to vetzballin.com for new MLB 2K8 video.

I can't believe they didn't fix how the umps call the game. Why do they just casually call the count instead of sounding the proverbial "striiiike" and whatnot? Just doesn't make any sense.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #250
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenevol
I need to quit reading this stuff.

All the complaints you guys are point out, valid though they may be, are things that I would never notice in 162 games, unless of course I was looking for them because I read about them first.
^^^ Best post I've read in weeks on the MLB 2K8 forum...I second Greenevol's statement as well. I guess I'm too dumb to notice how "wrong" the bat sounds - I'm just in it to play a fun and authentic game of baseball.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #251
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
^^^ Best post I've read in weeks on the MLB 2K8 forum...I second Greenevol's statement as well. I guess I'm too dumb to notice how "wrong" the bat sounds - I'm just in it to play a fun and authentic game of baseball.
Well you have to understand, too, that mild or arbitrary complaints are just that: mild and arbitrary. If the worst things we can find to complain about is the sound of the bats or umps, that's not a bad thing. But that doesn't mean 2K gets a pass for messing them up, either, like you seem to be implying. I complained about the umps above - that means there was nothing else that came to mind worth complaining about, read: everything else looked good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #252
Rookie

OVR: 2

I noticed in this video when the 2 outfielders let the ball drop in front of them if you look closely the LF appears to have a LB in red above his head. I would think that's the call off button to avoid things like that from happening.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlas26
Have you noticed that there is a HUGE troll problem here at the 2k sports board and on the show board there is a relatively low troll population.........I think that this shows that most 2k fans dont go around trying to damage teh reputation of a game to prove that our game is better;

I think there is a lot of sour grapes toward 2k sports. Not that it isn't entirely justified. I did not encounter the season end bug or the DL bug so I can't say anything on that topic other than I was dreading the end of my season. I played all 162 as well and worried about it all for nothing. But on the flip side of that, as much as it would have sucked to not make the playoffs, I enjoyed every game I played and would have still felt as though I got my $60 worth of the game.

All companies are going to have glitches especially when they have as many changes in developers/development as 2k has had. I get you Show guys are pissed about the past 2 seasons, 2k6 was God awful, 2k7 seems to be split amongst people, but to troll and trash the organization and the game this way is just, well, childish.

The development team is in good position to make this series what it should have been all along. Sorry you were ao disappointed in the past installments, but if it was that bad for you, then you have done the right thing in moving on, but let those of us that did enjoy it continue to do that. We really don't need to hear about the Show just because you hate 2k.

Go Friars!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #254
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by merff11
I think there is a lot of sour grapes toward 2k sports. Not that it isn't entirely justified. I did not encounter the season end bug or the DL bug so I can't say anything on that topic other than I was dreading the end of my season. I played all 162 as well and worried about it all for nothing. But on the flip side of that, as much as it would have sucked to not make the playoffs, I enjoyed every game I played and would have still felt as though I got my $60 worth of the game.

All companies are going to have glitches especially when they have as many changes in developers/development as 2k has had. I get you Show guys are pissed about the past 2 seasons, 2k6 was God awful, 2k7 seems to be split amongst people, but to troll and trash the organization and the game this way is just, well, childish.

The development team is in good position to make this series what it should have been all along. Sorry you were ao disappointed in the past installments, but if it was that bad for you, then you have done the right thing in moving on, but let those of us that did enjoy it continue to do that. We really don't need to hear about the Show just because you hate 2k.
We're going to try to move on from all this troll talk, guys. Please get this thread back on topic. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #255
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I can't seem to find the high-res videos. Can someone be so kind as to point them out to me? Thanks.
Click on the first link of the OP & scroll to the bottom. You have to download them & it is slow...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #256
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Ditto

Another year, and here we go again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »