Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Exactly what I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I honestly think that people like you are looking for a reason to hate the game.
Why do people have to toss out these sorts of comments?

Look, if you don't like someone's comments ABOUT THE GAME, how about instead of taking a shot at the guy, you stop and breathe, count to 10, punch a pillow, or whatever it takes... and then simply post your comments ABOUT THE GAME.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #58
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I have.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Ok I just saw the Lugo HR in the 5th , after that I don't really want to see much more. What happened to the HR cam? Why is the crowd so quiet, why is there the generic pitcher is mad cut scene?
I agree with you on the camera, I hate looking at the wall when a HR is hit. However i think the aerial camera might fix this. The crowd seems better though, i think he is "buttoning through" the crowd noise thought. As far as the pitchers reaction, whats wrong with that?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 10

why isnt there any intro or stat overlay from a guy out the pen? Okajima and Delcarmen just came in w/o anything. Also its not major but it irritates me that there are 20 people behind homeplate, but I realize they need to hit 60 fps somehow
Old 02-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
You are seeing variable strike zones.. Won't get into a long post. Too early in the morning. For me these videos showed more PRO'S than CON'S. Which for me is what's important. Good Looking out DJ Rhude
No doubt, the strike zone does move around a bit....can't get too comfortable

Another thing, this is the same preview build that I've had for a month.....don't put too much stock into how the graphics look.....you have to consider that, I'm showing about a 80% complete game and the loss of resolution the vids take after transfering to the net....

The game itself looks good and it plays great
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #61
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Why do people have to toss out these sorts of comments?

Look, if you don't like someone's comments ABOUT THE GAME, how about instead of taking a shot at the guy, you stop and breathe, count to 10, punch a pillow, or whatever it takes... and then simply post your comments ABOUT THE GAME.
Did you not read the crap he was spewing? It was an anti-2k rant and pro, Show. If you don't want to buy the game thats fine. But don't come in here telling us 2k sucks and mlb rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #62
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
No doubt, the strike zone does move around a bit....can't get too comfortable

Another thing, this is the same preview build that I've had for a month.....don't put too much stock into how the graphics look.....you have to consider that, I'm showing about a 80% complete game and the loss of resolution the vids take after transfering to the net....

The game itself looks good and it plays great
Hey rhude, do you think this game will compete with show for best baseball game of the year?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #63
MVP

Re: I have.......

I love the detail in the game. It seems to be leaps and bounds over last years version.

But one thing still bothers me. Every player has the same stride before the swing.

For example: Manny, and David Ortiz both have large steps before they swing. In the game they have a generic mini step before the swing. It's not a game killer, or anything, but it's still a minor detail that I really wanted to be adjusted.

MVP did A great job of doing the strides of each player.

I'm still pumped about getting the game
Old 02-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #64
Banned

I really dont want to sound like a ***** but it really tweaked how a)Paps was in in the 8th when that would never hapen b) How the game could end on such an amazing play yet the crowd and announcers both dont seem to give a crap

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »