Home

2023–2024 English Football Thread

This is a discussion on 2023–2024 English Football Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2024, 04:46 PM   #1209
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023–2024 English Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Stan finally started transferring funds to the correct accounts.
I mean the fact that tottenhams pen needed to go through that kind of review process certainly supports this
Old 04-28-2024, 06:34 PM   #1210
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I mean the fact that tottenhams pen needed to go through that kind of review process certainly supports this
The decisions are, I'd say, fairly equally **** across the league—just ask Erik ten Hag (you'll never believe it as he never brings it up, but they should've had a penalty against Arsenal in 1956 or something).

Predictable **** refereeing aside, as I mentioned earlier, Spurs had two weeks to prepare for this match and found themselves down 0-3. This was their chance, at home, to ruin Arsenal's title chances and to get one stop closer to a Champions League return.

They failed, it's great, and remember when people were serious about them being title contenders in September? Fun times.

I think if you give other managers those two weeks to prepare against this Arsenal side, they never go down 0-3 and they get at least a point. Ange seems committed to the whole 'we just do our thing no matter what' but they're not nearly good enough for it to work.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:23 PM   #1211

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
They failed, it's great, and remember when people were serious about them being title contenders in September? Fun times.
You bring it up every week, so yes. Somehow we remember lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2024, 10:34 PM   #1212
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The decisions are, I'd say, fairly equally **** across the league—just ask Erik ten Hag (you'll never believe it as he never brings it up, but they should've had a penalty against Arsenal in 1956 or something).

Predictable **** refereeing aside, as I mentioned earlier, Spurs had two weeks to prepare for this match and found themselves down 0-3. This was their chance, at home, to ruin Arsenal's title chances and to get one stop closer to a Champions League return.

I think if you give other managers those two weeks to prepare against this Arsenal side, they never go down 0-3 and they get at least a point. Ange seems committed to the whole 'we just do our thing no matter what' but they're not nearly good enough for it to work.
I mean it was a joke, Michael Oliver is a terrible ref.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:50 PM   #1213
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

2023–2024 English Football Thread

Quote:
I mean it was a joke, Michael Oliver is a terrible ref.

I know, Im contractually obligated to point out the failing of Spurs—apparently every week or something like that.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:08 PM   #1214
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I’m just wondering how long it’s going to take Kreb to admit that Spurs are actually pretty good. Should we have a pool?

I got Jan 17th

Part of my contractual obligation is also to note that I’ve admitted nothing, obviously.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:01 AM   #1215
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
LOL. They said that pen in the first half that spurs should have gotten, they told Oliver to go to the monitor and he said no?????

That’s actually so wild, how is this the state of refereeing in the richest league in the world lmao.

Was that the one where Arsenal went down on the end and Saka scored?

It was almost my dream VAR nightmare where there’s a VAR-worthy decision and before it’s checked the other team scores.

I thought Spurs were fcked over twice by VAR. that VDV goal disallowed for offsides was suspect. Tomyiasu definitely played the ball.

Oh well, at some point they should probably work on defending corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2024, 11:31 AM   #1216
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I thought Spurs were fcked over twice by VAR. that VDV goal disallowed for offsides was suspect. Tomyiasu definitely played the ball.
Pretty sure the rule changed a year or two ago regarding the ball coming off a defender, which is why this was ruled offside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Oh well, at some point they should probably work on defending corners.
Bingo. They repeatedly let White do whatever he wanted to do with the keeper. They've had issues all seasons, and post-game Ange was a bit dismissive of the issue. But hey, he was their...third choice?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »