Home

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Releases on March 15 - Some Features, Screenshots & More

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 25 Releases on March 15 - Some Features, Screenshots & More within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2024, 12:40 PM   #9
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 25 Releases on March 15 - Some Features, Screenshots & M

The last OOTP I bought was 21. I may finally upgrade this year, lol.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 25 Releases on March 15 - Some Features, Screenshots & M

Has there been any news on if the 3D engine got updated at all for better animations? I know this is not why folks buy the game, but it certainly adds to the experience if the game "looks" real on the field...
Old 02-27-2024, 01:10 AM   #11
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
Has there been any news on if the 3D engine got updated at all for better animations? I know this is not why folks buy the game, but it certainly adds to the experience if the game "looks" real on the field...
I kinda agree with that. FM's 3D match engine, while basic in the grand scheme of things, definitely enhances the match day experience versus the old days of circles running around the pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 09:48 AM   #12
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

The player development lab alone is worth the price for me.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:14 PM   #13
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
They are a victim of their own excellence! I see minimal improvements (as it relates to my interests) from year to year. I went from 20 to 23. I can't imagine I'll be buying this year. Maybe something noteworthy will pop up in 26 . . .
For how I play I totally agree. Usually only one of the improvements are something that improves my game style.
I mostly play my fictional league that I've been running for I think 9 or 10 versions now.

Also because of it being a text based sim a person can definitely play an older version and have a lot of fun with it because none of the last few versions really stand out as must have, it's just what improvements and features can you live without.

I look at ootp as a live update service because they do add things and improve the game all year long, so by the end I feel like I got my money's worth.

In recent years the release day feature list is rather short, but I do like that they try not to promise things and then fail to get them in the game during the year.
This year is a great example of a short list but the ratings overhaul was I'm sure a lot of work that I appreciate.
Old 03-05-2024, 05:14 PM   #14
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
Normally do OOTP every year for leagues. Think I'll be skipping this one. The $10 additional price tag ($49.99) for nothing all that new and ground breaking isn't worth it for me. If I'm paying $50 or more for a baseball game, it'll be The Show. Can always use 24 or check out OOTP Go for a fix.
Just FYI, it will be $35 for the first week of release. I didn't buy last year's version and spent all my time on The Show. I think I'm going to flip this year.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:17 AM   #15
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi, I’m new to this forum, but not new to OOTP. I have played OOTP23 on iPad for two years, have completed many seasons and currently have seven league seasons going. My questions are (please forgive if the answers are in the FAQ or seem obvious):

1) if I upgrade to OOTP25, will it overwrite and delete my current leagues, or will it seamlessly integrate?
2) Are there stadium upgrades for historical stadiums from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s etc.

Thanks for your help

BB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2024, 01:07 PM   #16
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biltmore B
Hi, I’m new to this forum, but not new to OOTP. I have played OOTP23 on iPad for two years, have completed many seasons and currently have seven league seasons going. My questions are (please forgive if the answers are in the FAQ or seem obvious):

1) if I upgrade to OOTP25, will it overwrite and delete my current leagues, or will it seamlessly integrate?
2) Are there stadium upgrades for historical stadiums from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s etc.

Thanks for your help

BB
Not sure if you found answers to your questions but are you referring to OOTP 25 on PC or OOTP25 GO? Since you said iPad, i'm gonna assume GO. If that's the case then the answer to both is no. You can export on OOTP Go 24 to 25 but as far as I know 23 has no export function and the game has no cloud saves. If you are talking about upgrading to 25 on pc, the answer is still no. As go and PC aren't compatible with each other aside from PT.

As for #2, if you are referring to go, no they have no historical stadiums. So you will be playing in current modern day ballparks. If on PC I believe it does have historical stadiums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »