Home

EA Sports Retro Basketball 2014? This is the time.

This is a discussion on EA Sports Retro Basketball 2014? This is the time. within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
EA Sports Retro Basketball 2014? This is the time.

I am making this Thread in HOPES of someone at EA will take notice IF we can get enough interest. EA Sports Retro Hoops 14 would be a Collection of the Greatest Teams of All-time in the NBA and ABA. Imagine having the 2 teams from Every year who played for the Championships, and also having some Great teams who came up just short. I think Sales would be Epic. You would get alot of Older Basketball Fans back by offering teams they watched growing up. And with MJ's 3 year deal expiring with 2k this is the PERFECT opportunity to make this type of game. The key would be to make sure the teams had all their players and then make it Possible for Users to Create Teams and Upload them so USERS can add even more teams to what would already be a GREAT game. We would NEED to have Retro Jerseys Available to use for the Teams that are made and Uploaded. This game could have Limitless options. Here is HOPING someone likes the idea that CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports Retro Basketball 2014? This is the time.

DUUUDEE, this sounds like a sick idea. Historic teams, with retro unis, maybe even some retro courts.With great presentation, and graphics, smooth gameplay. I'd definitely buy....oh wait there's already a game like that,its called NBA2k13
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Are you talking about a text game or a real game? If you mean the real thing, then that having these teams/players is sweet...but I don't think EA needs all that, and it wouldn't help if the game plays like...well, you know.

EA can use junior-high kids, as long as the gameplay looks and plays great. They can sign MJ to a 10-year contract, but if the game doesn't play any good, what's the point?

It's time to change the engine, instead of keep upgrading the accessories and audio system. If they still can't put together a decent game, I would think it's more of a will thing than ability. After the past few years, seems like EA CHOOSES to make a bad game time and time again.

If it's time for anything, then it's time to see a playable basketball game from EA.

I think it's a great idea, but only after a successful year for their basketball game. No point to have it now, that they still couldn't put together a good game after a long break. Stuff like that you add when you already have a successful formula, and it doesn't seem like EA has one.

Last edited by youvalss; 01-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Are you talking about a text game or a real game? If you mean the real thing, then that having these teams/players is sweet...but I don't think EA needs all that, and it wouldn't help if the game plays like...well, you know.

EA can use junior-high kids, as long as the gameplay looks and plays great. They can sign MJ to a 10-year contract, but if the game doesn't play any good, what's the point?

It's time to change the engine, instead of keep upgrading the accessories and audio system. If they still can't put together a decent game, I would think it's more of a will thing than ability. After the past few years, seems like EA CHOOSES to make a bad game time and time again.

If it's time for anything, then it's time to see a playable basketball game from EA.

I think it's a great idea, but only after a successful year for their basketball game. No point to have it now, that they still couldn't put together a good game after a long break. Stuff like that you add when you already have a successful formula, and it doesn't seem like EA has one.

I completely agree. EA was supposed to Already be changing the game engine, so I was taking that into consideration. Yes I could care less about Accessories, etc. GAMEPLAY is #1. EA has a great idea with the Team Builder option for NCAA football, if they can bring that concept over ALONG with Major Improvement in gameplay the possibilities are Limitless. EA has the financial backing to MAKE this happen. I mean of course they would probably include the Current 30 teams in the Game as well to keep the Everyone interested in the Game, but I BELIEVE a Stand Alone Retro Team game would be very Big as well. I believe IF EA wants back in the Basketball Market they NEED to splash and this would be a great way.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I actually meant engine/accessories/audio in a car. I guess it was a bad analogy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
DUUUDEE, this sounds like a sick idea. Historic teams, with retro unis, maybe even some retro courts.With great presentation, and graphics, smooth gameplay. I'd definitely buy....oh wait there's already a game like that,its called NBA2k13
LOL. 2k did a good job, But is lacking ALOT with the Classic Teams. I have been a 2k guy for years. They have just seemed to Drop the ball lately due to Lack of Competition.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

I want franchise mode addressed before any of that stuff.

1. in-game simulation
2.take scouting and the draft more serious
3.realistic crowds like mlb the show.
4.advanced stats like 2k
5.bring back the 3point and dunk competition
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
I want franchise mode addressed before any of that stuff.

1. in-game simulation
2.take scouting and the draft more serious
3.realistic crowds like mlb the show.
4.advanced stats like 2k
5.bring back the 3point and dunk competition
IF they include the Current 30 teams the Above things would NEED to be addressed. EA has the Financial backing to Make the MOST Complete Basketball game on the market. I think what is giving 2k the Edge is that EA has more games on the market, therefore they Dont put the attention needed to make a Complete NBA Game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »