Home

Will there finally be anti-cheat measures this year

This is a discussion on Will there finally be anti-cheat measures this year within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

OVR: 0

Do you think this is the year 2k implements something to combat the rampant cheating on PC? If you don't think so what do you think is holding 2k up on putting something in to shut down the cheating and hacking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Will there finally be anti-cheat measures this year

I don't think they gonna do anything this year too, they just don't care about PC users.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Guess not but they will gladly take our money.
This year Im expecting more effort to contain the cheaters we've been calling out and collecting evidence from for the last 3 installments though, especially bc of the e-league stuff.

I mean people will always tryna find a way on PC, but almost all cheaters are simple script kiddies without any knowledge about hacking. So at least make it more difficult for them.

Whats holding them back? Well I can only guess, insufficient resources, different focus (consoles) or they simply don't care as you never get an answer from someone "important" on that matter on social media.
It's funny because many of the cheaters you know from 2k15/6 online are still cheating to this day. Could be really easy to ban each one of them, since the state of evidence is overwhelming.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

2k will be doing nothing... if you enjoy online DON'T get it for P.C

Offline, P.C is the best, but online is cheater haven and always will be as long as you can "mod".

Xbox one,Ps4.. if you have any ideas of playing online

At least we get 4k .. 60 fps
Old 09-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

Like most other games online. Start your own community of players. Between here and nlsc you can have a decent league or group of folks to play. Make some rules and kick out players who break them.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Spoiler

somebody linked me this.

Mike Wang got asked about anti cheat on PC (tons of cheating for 3 years extensively already on pc versions) and his reaction like he hear of this for the first time ever.

I expect it to be the same for another year, but i still dont fancy to buy new device and subscribtion for online access on top of it just for one game. And you can order pc version for 30 euros already which is good enough deal for me in case online is really bad and im stuck playing offline modes.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Spoiler

somebody linked me this.

Mike Wang got asked about anti cheat on PC (tons of cheating for 3 years extensively already on pc versions) and his reaction like he hear of this for the first time ever.

I expect it to be the same for another year, but i still dont fancy to buy new device and subscribtion for online access on top of it just for one game. And you can order pc version for 30 euros already which is good enough deal for me in case online is really bad and im stuck playing offline modes.
Wow that's just....disappointing. Thanks for posting that. I have no idea why this is still a problem even after all these years. I'd imagine 2k is losing some money because of this. I would like to believe those that use CE would also be more likely to purchase VC since they are trying to take a shortcut. Though it's nowhere near the console version it's still revenue lost which should be reason enough for it to be addressed.

Last edited by Dyslexicphish; 09-07-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

I'll wined every time that I would play 2k that I would never again play on PC, but here I am again three years later. I'll be playing 2k, I'll just start posting videos on YouTube. I know the dev team knows about this because I made a thread a few years back and a developer responded back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »