Home

Gameplay on PC vs Xbox One

This is a discussion on Gameplay on PC vs Xbox One within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Gameplay on PC vs Xbox One

I wonder if there are differences in relation to the gameplay of the PC version vs Xbox One version.

I have read the following reports right here on operation on the topic of islands:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ions-here.html

"like others have said, on ball D is MUCH improved the MKG and Batum Were straight suffocating people on the perimeter. The cool thing is if They Were able to get past Them They Scored Relatively easily against our suspect kidney protection. The differences in each player are very noticable, from speed / quickness to strength. "

"Quick thoughts ...
Love the pace of the game, and the fact speed matters. Gives me real chance to make use of Ellis this year.
Like using the double tap is oops. I got a mean fastbreak with a pass from Ellis to George. "

"Fastbreaks are a thing of beauty now because of the speed differential between players..so far the center is catching up to the guard on a break from what i've seen so far"

"Now (2k16) you can see the difference between a fast player and a super fast player ..."

While the forum NLSC two users with the PC version of nba 2k16 reported the following:

"Gameplay was supposed to be the most improved thing but it definitely fell short again this year. I never feel in control When doing iso moves and just feels random, this is because of the controls. One of best iso-motion control was in 2k13 Which They had the right stick strictly for iso-motion and was very fluid. I do not really understand why They chose the controls They have now. Speed ​​was Also supposed to be much better and it was supposed to differentiate fast to very fast players but it doesnt really do that and just makes everyone feel slow and running underwater. "

"The foot planting is all wrong, there are far to many unnecessary animations, I feel like all control Has Been Lost ...
the almost retired Alonzo Mornings foot speed going to the hoop was primed que of the Jordan. "

They are conflicting opinions among users in the two forums.

Someone who has the PC version could test whether speed and aceleration really differentiate fast to very fast players in nba 2k16, for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Gameplay on PC vs Xbox One

No, definitely not. They're the same. Same code. Same data.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 09-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: Gameplay on PC vs Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos

Thank you
Although some other technical problems in the game, we are pleased to count on your hard work supporting the PC community.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Can we get face scan added to PC broham, why is it missing two games in a row???
Old 09-26-2015, 10:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

PC Players are more hardcore in general while Console players are more likely to be casuals who don't actually played that much of 2K15. Obviously will Console-Players be more likely to hype the Game.

But I put 400hrs into 2K15 on PC and think the Gameplay is definetly better, even though the changes to Controls are very weird and it wil take some time until I fixed the Game to be exactly like I want it to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
Just started!

I would think the code would be very similar. The big difference most would see/feel especially if ur using a 120-144hz monitor is the framerate difference. 30-40 frames running a fast break seems sluggish compared to doing the same at 120 etc.

Just my opinion however.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
you are wrong i can play in 4k and consoles can not play in 4k big diffrence
Old 09-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoguloth22
you are wrong i can play in 4k and consoles can not play in 4k big diffrence
He was referring to the code/gameplay. Not resolution.

In terms of fps I think it's important to keep in mind that the servers will bottle neck you past a certain point when playing online. For example, in games like CS:GO the official servers only send and receive 60 frames of data per second. Thus, whatever you're running past that is essentially lost. Which is why so many competitive players prefer to use services like ESEA (with 120 tick servers) in order to truly utilize their higher frames and refresh rates. Making for a smoother, more accurate experience.

So outside of latency, for PC online to truly be smoother in comparison to consoles, the servers would have to accommodate for the higher rates that we can put out. That being said it would be interesting to know what the server capabilities are on PC in comparison to console. If I had to guess, they're probably the same.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 09-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »