Home

Any Tips or Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Any Tips or Suggestions? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any Tips or Suggestions?

Ok this is my first time playing MyPlayer for a NBA game and Im not sure Im doing anything right....I don't see to be getting positive skill points much during my games...Im a PG and I play for Phoenix. Any Tips or Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Games: Madden 13, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k13, NHL 13, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, AC3, DW6 Empires, and Max Payne 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Any Tips or Suggestions?

spend a few days reading the 400 page Official My Player thread! But seriously, if you have specific questions you can post them and they usually get answered there.

Generally, you've got to be the right mix of patient and aggressive. In the early going you have to know your limits.

Don't go for on ball steals, always a foul. Stay home on D, and don't leave the ground. Put your hands up to challenge. Try to get that good shot defense boost as opposed to the allow man to score penalty.

Don't force passes. Turnovers will kill you.

Pick and roll is your friend. My roomate is on the suns and he runs the P & R with Markeef all day.

Run plays, learn the ones you like. Turn full play vision on.

Box out, any chance you get. Nice little boost for that.

If you think the other modes seem scripted, just wait. Regardless if you are a 65, the game will hand you games when you are hot, take advantage. As an SF, the defense sagged off me A LOT in the early going, and I would light up game after game with mid range catch and shoot. And regardless if you are an 85, the game will decide you aren't hitting anything. Best to pass first in those scenarios.

The cheap way to get your grade up is to call for a double team, r1 on PS3. If the game isn't on the line, always try to get yourself the last second shot, in any quarter it is a big grade boost.

figure out where you are getting looks in the offense and boost those attributes. I usually invest heavily in on ball D early, since allow man to score will kill you against a good player. Everyone has their own style though.

Last edited by funkworthy; 03-25-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any Tips or Suggestions?

#2 NBA 2K14 Commentator

http://www.youtube.com/user/dCoopSon

Check out my channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »