Home

Glitch with Ja Morant running/motion animation?

This is a discussion on Glitch with Ja Morant running/motion animation? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-13-2022, 06:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Glitch with Ja Morant running/motion animation?

In freestyle mode (XBox) I noticed when running without the ball, Ja has this stutter effect on the screen where it’s like the animation (Ja’s signature motion animation) isn’t long enough thus not fluid, so it’s like it keeps resetting after ever other step and noticeably gives away that it’s a canned animation. In comparison I tried MJ running without the ball and he runs smoothly and naturally.

Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2022, 04:23 PM   #2
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Re: Glitch with Ja Morant running/motion animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
In freestyle mode (XBox) I noticed when running without the ball, Ja has this stutter effect on the screen where it’s like the animation (Ja’s signature motion animation) isn’t long enough thus not fluid, so it’s like it keeps resetting after ever other step and noticeably gives away that it’s a canned animation. In comparison I tried MJ running without the ball and he runs smoothly and naturally.

Anyone else notice this?
Seeing it with nearly everyone except MJ. I have to retrigger the turbo button to get them to explode. ESPECIALLY on a fastbreak and by then the defense is on me.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:51 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatLifer
Seeing it with nearly everyone except MJ. I have to retrigger the turbo button to get them to explode. ESPECIALLY on a fastbreak and by then the defense is on me.
Damn for real? So every single signature motion style has that stutter but Mike? I’m glad Mike doesn’t but damn, that sucks. Such a cool immersive feature but immersion breaking when you notice that. Wish I never noticed it lol.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

My biggest gripe with ball handling this year is when the defender crowds you, even with clamp breaker, it feels like the game is resisting me on the size up escape. It forces me to do the Lebron hard R2 and back on the stick twice sometimes. So I do a double behind the back THEN he steps back and it's so unpredictable when I'm just trying to get space. I'm glad I listened to you guys about Unpluckable in the Protect Ball stance by posting up. They swipe at air most of the time trying to blitz the ball handler. They'll get me if I start doing any sort of show ball animations. I wish there was the animation to raise the ball high in the post when I'm getting doubled. At least maybe I could get a clean pass off.

Best thing to do while getting blitzed with the ball is to immediately post and bounce pass out.

In years past when they blitzed the ball handler I could split the double team or at least avoid it by getting space. But they made stripping the ball a little mini game and I hate it.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:59 PM   #5
Pro

Yeah I think this is part of the reason that AI can’t run a fast break…

I have had CPU teammates steal the ball and be ahead of everyone, then start walking like they ran out of running animation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2022, 06:08 AM   #6
MVP

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the “motion style” sig which is how they run WITHOUT the ball. Go do a practice freestyle with Ja and after shooting the ball, don’t have them pass it back. Instead run up and downcourt normally (without turbo) and you’ll see his animation looks unfinished in that it stutters and resets.

Didn’t know some players also have the issue with the ball? Makes sense that MJ doesn’t have the issue with ball as I can actually score fast breaks with him thankfully.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hm…I haven’t seen this at all with the actual ball in the players hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #8
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hm…I haven’t seen this at all with the actual ball in the players hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The momentum doesn't continue in my experience. If I turbo to get a passing lane steal the player jogs up the court. I have to re-turbo to get the animation for a fastbreak. It seems the original turbo doesn't translate once you have the ball. I've adjusted since I've experienced it but it's still a half second delay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »